The Community Outreach Unit provides different programs that many can join to learn more about their police department and how they can help prevent crime in their own neighborhoods. Below you'll find programs and activities that are available at the Waco Police Department.
- Community policing program sponsored by the Waco Police Department.
- Enlists private citizens to volunteer time to actively patrol their community, to listen, watch and report suspicious and/or criminal activity to the appropriate authorities.
- Designed to give citizens a working knowledge of the Waco Police Department and raise citizens awareness.
- 12 week course held on Thursdays from 6 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- Two sessions are conducted per year; one in the spring and one in the fall.
- From car seat installations to security survey visits.
- Multiple programs to take advantage of, provided by the Waco Police Department.
- Recruiting young adults who have a desire to one day becoming part of the Honored Blue Line.
- If you are interested in a career in the criminal justice field and are in high school, the Waco Police Junior Police Academy is for you!
- Hosted once a year, National Night Out (NNO) is designed to allow neighbors to join together and present a unified force in the fight against crime in the community by hosting or attending block parties, group parties or your Neighborhood Association meetings.
- Here for our Waco Police Department and community.
- They attend events and work one on one with officers and professional staff, providing support and prayer.
- Law Enforcement Explorer posts help youth to gain insight into a variety of programs that offer hands-on career activities.
- Young people interested in careers in the field of law enforcement.
- Exploring, offers experiential learning with lots of fun-filled, hands-on activities that promote the growth and development of adolescent youth.
- Children and adults alike have enjoyed collecting Waco Police Officer Trading Cards since 1997.