- Infrastructure Team responsible for the City's technology and data infrastructure, including telephones, computers, networks, and mobile devices.
- Enterprise Applications Team procures, maintains, and supports enterprise applications.
- Support Services Team delivers reliable IT services to all City staff.
- Public Safety Team delivers reliable IT services to Police & Fire staff.
- GIS Team procures, maintains, and supports the enterprise geospatial platform, develops and supports location-based products and services, including integrations to key enterprise applications.
🗺️ GIS Map & Data Request Form
- During the COVID pandemic, one of the basic needs for the community, was a reliable internet connection to study and work from home.
- Free public WiFi was established at the 4 Libraries and recreation centers.
- Residents can sit in parking lots and public areas outside of participating facilities to connect to public WiFi.
This department is dedicated to providing secure, reliable and responsive enterprise-level technology and business solutions that facilitate and enhance the City's effectiveness in serving the citizens of Waco.
The IT Department serves:
- over 1600 employees, in 26 departments at over 50 locations
- over 102 virtual and physical servers
- approximately 1,400 desktop computers
- more than 1490 IP phones
- over 35TBs of data storage
- answers over 74 internal customer calls daily
- processes about 916 work orders per month
- also provides wireless services including mobile phones
The IT Department oversees:
- GIS (Geographic Information Systems)
- Public Safety (Fire & Police) and Municipal Court technology
- All City business systems
- Over 20 miles of network fiber
- 30 IT employees who deliver all of the technology services necessary to run the City of Waco
- Budget of more than $6 million