Let's Walk Waco
Any movement is good movement! The goal of Let's Walk Waco is to help you and your friends feel better, create community and support, and increase your number of weekly walks.
Walk with us September 2nd - November 4th! During the 8 weeks, you can challenge each other to see how many miles "across Texas" you can walk while logging and tracking your miles on the Walk Across Texas website. Registering and participating will make you eligible for prizes.
Use the League Code watL-230817-55725 to create a team.
Be a Team Captain!
We need you! Team Captains play an integral role in the success of a Walking Group, while helping your friends, family, neighbors take steps towards living a healthier life.
- Set a time and place for your group to meet and walk at least 30 minutes once a week for 9 weeks.
- Contact members of your group who miss weekly walks.
- Remind team members to log their weekly miles.
- Do your best to keep your group motivated and take photos along the way!
- Create a team - you can invite people from your workplace, neighborhood, family, etc.
- Collect information from your team including their names and email addresses.
- Come up with a team name.
- Follow the Create a Team Guide(PDF, 262KB) to register your team. Use the League Code: watL-230817-55725
- After you create your team on the Howdy Health website, a unique Team Code will be generated. This will be what you will share with your teammates for them to join the team.
What is a walking group?
A walking group is a team of up to 8 people who meet weekly for 8 weeks to walk together and socialize.
How does a walking group work?
- Form a team of up to 8 people, one person must be the team captain.
- Get together with your team for at least 30 minutes once a week for 9 weeks.
- Log how many miles you walk each week through your Walk Across Texas Account.
- For participating, you will be entered in to win awesome prizes!
How long is the program?
Let's Walk Waco is an eight-week program running September 2nd - November 4th.
Who can win prizes?
McLennan County residents who log their miles will be entered into a drawing at the end of the walking program.
Can I join more than one walking team?
Absolutely. You can be part of a walking group at work, home, church, school, etc.
How do I log my weekly miles?
- You will log your miles through your account on Walk Across Texas or you can request paper log sheets and submit them weekly to email@example.com.
- If you walk outside of your weekly walking group's set time, you can still log any additional miles, and those miles will count towards your team's effort.
Can I register if I don't have a team?
Yes. Follow the Team Captain registration information to create your own team. Teams can be anywhere from 1 to 8 people.
Can I register if I don't live in Waco?
Yes, all McLennan County residents can join.
What do I do next?
- Tell people about the program and invite them to join!
- Like us on the Live Well Waco Facebook and Instagram page. Share photos of your team walking with the hashtag #LetsWalkWaco for a chance to be featured on our social media.
- Join your team for weekly walks and explore your community while getting to know your teammates.
When is the kickoff event?
Our Kick-Off Event starts at 9:00 a.m. on September 2nd at the Murals on Washington Ave (1018 Washington Ave). Everyone is welcome, and you can even register for Let's Walk Waco during the event.
Weekly Walking Schedule
Join us for a stroller-friendly weekly walk September 2nd - November 4th.
Weekly Walk Schedule
Indoor Walking Facilities
|Bledsoe-Miller Recreation Center
||300 N M.L.K. Jr Blvd
- Monday - Thursday: 9 a.m.-Noon & 5-7p.m.
- Friday: 9:30 a.m.-Noon
- Saturday: 9:30-11:30 a.m.
Dewey Recreation Center
|925 N 9th St
- Monday - Thursday: 9-11 a.m. & 1-3 p.m.
First Baptist Church Woodway - Ministry Activity Center
|101 N Ritchie Rd
- Monday - Tuesday: 8 a.m.-Noon & 3-7 p.m.
- Wednesday: 8 a.m.-Noon
- Thursday-Friday: 8 a.m.-Noon & 3-7 p.m.
- Saturday: 8 a.m.-Noon
||6001 W Waco Dr
- Monday - Saturday: 10 a.m.-9 p.m.
- Sunday: Noon-6 p.m.
|South Waco Recreation Center
||2815 Speight Ave
- Monday - Friday: 9-11 a.m.
|Sul Ross Community Center
||1301 Barnard St
- Monday - Friday: 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
Outdoor Walking Facilities