Waco Transit System is committed to providing safe, reliable, and innovative public transportation to the citizens of Waco and the surrounding communities. To ensure equal and safe access to all riders, this notice outlines the procedure for requesting reasonable modifications to Waco Transit System’s policies or procedures by persons with disabilities.
- Individuals requesting modifications must describe what they need to use the service.
- Individuals requesting modifications are not required to use the term "reasonable modification" when making a request.
- Whenever possible, requests for modifications will be made and determined in advance, before Waco Transit System is expected to provide the modified service, for example, during the paratransit eligibility process, through customer service inquiries, or through Waco Transit System’s complaint process.
- Where a request for modification cannot be made and determined in advance, operating personnel will decide if the modification should be provided at the time of the request. Operating personnel may consult with Waco Transit System's management before deciding to grant or deny the request.
- Requests for modification of Waco Transit System's policies and procedures may be denied only on one or more of the following grounds:
- Granting the request would fundamentally alter the nature of Waco Transit System's services, programs, or activities;
- Granting the request would create a direct threat to the health or safety of others;
- Without the requested modification, the individual with a disability can fully use Waco Transit System's services, programs, or activities for their intended purpose.
Please call to a request for reasonable accommodation before using the service, if at all practicable:
For requests related to Fixed Route or Demand Response services please contact 254-750-1620.