Bus Ridership Rules & Information
- No food consumed on the bus
- ONLY Non- alcoholic drinks in approved containers are permitted
- No weapons allowed – guns, knives, clubs, etc.
- All windows must remain closed
- Please remain seated
- Respect the driver and other passengers
- No physical contact of any type
- Excessive baggage is not permitted, passengers must be able to load the bus in one trip
- No hazardous materials allowed- gas, batteries, etc.
- No smoking in or around the vehicle, including E-cigarettes
- Profane language or gestures are prohibited
- Baskets and strollers must be folded and stowed away
- The aisle must be kept clear
- Passengers using video devices are required to use earphones
- Waco Transit reserves the right to refuse service to any passenger who refuses to follow the rules of the bus
Service is provided every weekday except Sundays. Service is provided year-round with the exception of the following Holidays: New Year's Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day.
Flag Stop System
Waco Transit's Fixed Route bus service works as a flag stop system. There are designated stops for all routes and vehicles may be flagged for a stop at most places along the route.
To “flag” a bus for a ride, position yourself on the correct side of the street well before any major intersection. Then attempt to make eye contact with the driver and wave your arm up and down (not like a hello wave). If safe, the bus operator will stop the vehicle as close to your location as possible.
Operators are instructed NOT to stop for citizens on the opposite side of the street, along busy highways, or near congested intersections. Safety is Waco Transit's priority both for our passengers, operators, and other vehicles.
Boarding the Bus
Please board through the front door, pay the exact fare, and take a seat. Smoking, eating, or drinking is not permitted on the bus.
The bus operator is concerned with your safety and meeting your schedule. He'll be glad to answer any questions once the bus has come to a complete stop.
Stopping & Exiting the Bus
When on the vehicle to signal the bus operator to stop please push the yellow signal strip near your seat. This rings the bell letting the driver know to let you off at the next corner or bus stop. Please exit through the rear door.
All buses are ADA accessible to persons with disabilities and equipped for wheelchairs.
Title VI Information
Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, or national origin in programs and activities receiving Federal financial assistance. Specifically, Title VI provides that "no person in the United States shall, on the ground of race, color, or national origin, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance" (42 U.S.C. Section 2000d).
Waco Transit System is committed to ensuring that no person is excluded from participation in, or denied the benefits of its transit services on the basis of race, color, or national origin, as protected by Title VI in Federal Transit Administration (FTA) Circular 4702.1.B. This plan was developed to guide Waco Transit System in its administration and management of Title VI-related activities.
For more information contact (254) 750-1900.