Attention: Several City of Waco facilities, including our four Library locations will be closed at least through April 7th in response to safety concerns about COVID-19.
All events at the library will be canceled. The book drops will still be available for returns and our eBooks and eAudiobooks will be available as usual.
Here's how it works:
1. Go online & place your hold. Choose where you want to pick it up.
2. You’ll get a text or email when your hold is ready. Call your pickup location when you get your text or email.
3. Drive to your pickup location.
4. Call us when you get here and have your Library Card ready.
5. Stay in your car and we’ll bring your holds to the pickup table*. You can pick them up from the table and be reading in no time!
*The pickup table allows us to maintain the recommended social distancing practices. If you are using public transportation or on foot, just wait at the table for your items.
When and where do we return books and other items?
You can return material to any book drop. If your items are eligible to renew, you can do that online to have some extra time.
Will I get any fines if I can't get the material returned?
No overdue charges will be accrued during this closure.
What if I have something on hold?
Holds will remain active for 7 days after we reopen.
Where can I find more info about this closure?
Otherwise, follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and we'll be posting updates as we have them.
What Library services are still available?
Ebooks and eAudiobooks are available as usual through the CloudLibrary app. Our Ask A Librarian service is still available through our catalog. Many of our online reference databases are available for home use and will continue to be. You can also renew, place holds and check your account online anytime.
How can I keep learning and reading from home?
We've put together a list of resources for all ages. We'll keep adding things to it, so check back often!