Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is a service the Waco-McLennan County Library provides, so that patrons can request items that the library does not own from other libraries throughout Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, and Missouri. Please be aware that ILLs can take up to 6 weeks to arrive.
Policies for requesting an Item through Interlibrary Loan
- Patrons must have had a library card for 30 days before requesting an item and be in good standing.
- Patrons may request up to five items at a time. This includes the total number checked out and requested. Items are requested online through the link on the catalog or at the bottom of this page. Requested items may take up to 6 weeks to arrive.
- Material that has been published or released within the last year may not be borrowed.
- All items requested through ILL check out for three weeks. Renewals of ILL items are not guaranteed, but you can contact the ILL staff (254-750-5979) a week in advance. If a renewal is possible, an item can be renewed one time.
- All patrons will be charged a $3.00 postage fee per item requested. The fee must be paid before material is borrowed. The fee will need to be paid, even if the item is not picked up by the patron during the week it is on hold.
- All items requested through ILL are the responsibility of the borrowing patron. Patrons will be responsible for damages to the item.
- Overdue fines for DVDs are $1.00 per item, per day.
- Overdue fines for all other ILL material are 20¢ per day, per item.
Link to the ILL form
Worldcat.org is a catalog of library catalogs all over the world. You can information for items, such as full titles, authors, ISBNs, and more.
IMDB is a great website for finding information for movies and television shows, such as year of release in theaters, actor names, director names, and more.