The Federal Transit Administration (FTA), issued a final rule amending 49 CFR Part 604 (73 FR 2326), on January 14, 2008, which governs the provision of charter service by recipients of federal funds from FTA. Waco Transit System provides public transportation and may provide charter service only under the following exceptions defined in the final rule:
- Government Officials (limited to 80 hours annually)
- Qualified Human Service Organizations (QHSO) qualified groups serving elderly, disabled, and low-income (qualified organizations listed in Appendix A of 49 Part 604)
- Agreement with other private operators
- When no registered charter provider responds to a notice sent by recipient
- Petitions to the Administrator
Please note: Due to the limited number of buses and vans in the Waco Transit System, charter service may not always be available. In addition, we cannot guarantee any type or style of vehicle for any charter as the operational needs may change. When buses or vans are available and operational ability is viable, charter service is granted on a first-come, first-served basis and will follow the charter service facts listed on the charter reservation form. Keep in mind the charter application may be DENIED based on service availability. Waco Transit System reserves the right to deny charter service or cancel service at any time based on the operational required commitment to the public.
Please read and complete the Charter Rules and Facts and the Charter Request Form as accurately as possible in order to process your request.
Charter Rules and Facts
Charter Request Form
Email the form to Millisa Frazier once the form is complete.
Questions? Call 254-640-5271