Waco City-Wide Trails Master Plan
The Waco City-Wide Trails Master Plan initiative is an effort to develop a multi-year vision to guide the continued expansion of bicycle and pedestrian connectivity in the City of Waco and surrounding areas.
Establish a framework for multi-use trail connectivity and activation of public space throughout Waco to enhance transportation, recreation and quality of life.
- Gather user data, public input, and perform analysis of opportunities and constraints
- Identify strategies for local coordination, project prioritization and funding for local governments
Phase 1: Gather
- Initial data compilation, research and interviews with key community stakeholders
Phase 2: Envision
- Public outreach activities and analysis of existing conditions, trail system needs and community preferences
Phase 3: Compose
- Confirmation of findings and preparation of recommendations
Phase 4: Approve
- Development of an action plan for investing in trail development
- Identification of plan implementation roles and partners
Public input is the foundation of any successful planning effort, and your involvement will greatly help in the development of a trail system that best addresses our community's needs and desires.
To view the Waco City-Wide Trails Master Plan, please click the link below. For public feedback or input relating to the initiative, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Waco City-Wide Trails Master Plan(PDF, 47MB)
Why Trails Matter
- Trails boost health of communities and residents
- Trails make economic sense and can serve as a key economic driver
- Trails are for everyone and provide crucial community connectivity