Fire Station 5

Fire Station 5

Station 5 traces its beginnings to 1908, when residents of the Bell’s Hill neighborhood organized a fire company to better protect the growing area. Concerned that the steep hill was exhausting the horses pulling fire equipment and delaying emergency response times, residents petitioned city commissioners for a dedicated fire station. In November 1909, approval was granted to build a station on Bell’s Hill, and the new station in the 1700 block of Clay officially opened in September 1910.

As Waco continued to grow, state fire officials recommended relocating the station to improve coverage and response times. In 1957, the City purchased property in the 2600 block of Speight Avenue, and a new Station 5 opened there in 1958. The station served the community for decades before closing temporarily for repairs in 2016.

To better meet the area's needs, the City acquired land at 4515 Bagby in 2017 for a new Station 5. Construction began in 2018, and the new facility was dedicated on October 25, 2019. Today, Station 5 is home to Engine 5 and Battalion Chief 2 and continues to serve the residents of South Waco.

Station Tour

Location

4515 Bagby Ave, Waco, TX 76711  View Map

Google Map
Suitable for: