Citizens are invited to attend a come and go public meeting/open house regarding the topic of ‘Landfill: Future Planning’ on October 10th from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at the Bledsoe-Miller Community Center, 300 N. MLK, Jr. Boulevard in Waco.
Representatives will be available to answer questions and discuss the proposed landfill, the current Waco landfill, future planning and the overall importance to the community. The meeting is come and go.
Topics to be discussed will include:
• Where We Are Now (current Waco Landfill information and landfill services offered)
• Landfill Diversion (Waco recycling services and Cobbs Convenience Center information)
• Future Plans (new landfill planning and site considerations)
• Being a Good Neighbor (traffic, odor, and proximity considerations)
• Regional Waste Management (Heart of Texas Council of Governments (HOTCOG) and future regional planning)
• Protecting Our Environment (landfill protections in place and how they work)
• Regulating Landfills (permitting process, regulations involved and the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ)
• Understanding Your Bill and Services
• Maintaining Water Quality (protection and regulations)
• Illegal Dumping
Educational Presentations about solid waste, recycling and/or storm water for all ages!Presentations will be geared to the needs of the audience. Presentations for school aged children can include a hands-on activity. Call (254) 299-2496.
The City’s Solid Waste Services Department has concluded that it needs to begin the process of building a new landfill due to the current landfill’s capacity having only about 8 years of life remaining.
(featuring 'Tru' with Waco Agility Group!)
Solid Waste ordinances in Waco: click here for helpful information for Waco residents!
Guidelines for using residential carts are found here.
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (closed holidays and weekends)
Customer Service (254) 299-2612
Residential Services: (254) 299-2612
Commercial Services & Sales: (254) 299-2612
Landfill: (254) 299-2620
To Report Illegal Dumping: (254) 299-2611
All other inquiries: (254) 299-2612
Para informacion en Espanol: (254) 299-2612
Remember: Recycle and yard waste pick-up is every other week.
Waco Solid Waste Services is part of the Public Works Department. It provides environmentally sound and cost effective waste management services in the form of residential, commercial, industrial, and institutional garbage collection and disposal that are essential for our clean and healthy community. These services are provided to approximately 37,000 residential and 4,600 commercial customers.
A city-owned and operated 237-acre landfill is managed for the end disposal of wastes originating in Waco and surrounding region. Waco Solid Waste Services is a self-supporting entity that is not funded by city tax dollars. Funds for the department come from solid waste service fees paid by customers.