Impact the Future
Why work for Waco? Some of the most common reason for joining public service are:
- you want meaningful and challenging work
- you want to make a difference and improve communities
- you want a competitive salary and good benefits
- you want a chance to do work you are passionate about
- you want job security
- you have a desire to give back
Ready to Apply? Use our Career Portal to create an online job application that can be used to apply for job openings. Once you have an application created you can use it to apply for multiple openings and easily make updates between applications.
Sign up for Job Notifications to be alerted when openings with key criteria are available.
Need Assistance? The City of Waco provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities on a case-by-case basis. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please contact the Human Resources Office at (254) 750-5740 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Printable Flyer(PDF, 2MB)
The City of Waco invests in our employees by offering a wide range of benefit options to help them reach their health and wellness goals.
- Full range of health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Education Assistance Program
- Longevity Pay
- Paid Parental Leave
- Retirement Plan (2 to 1 City match)
- Wellness Program with access to fitness facilities
- Attractive time-off package including vacation, sick leave, and 12 paid holidays