Help is available in the form of a no-interest loan to help cover repair costs of low- and moderate-income homeowners in the City of Waco. Qualified participants can receive up to a $50,000 no-interest loan.
Who is Eligible?
- Homeowners who have proof of ownership or have a clear title to the home within Waco city limits
- Participants who have occupied the home minimum of two years
- Household income at or below 80% of the area median income (AMI)
- The property is your primary residence
- Property taxes are current and paid in full
- Insured home/property
More terms may apply to this program. For more information, please call 254-750-5656 or email CommunityServices@wacotx.gov.
Eligible clients over the age of 62 will not have loan repayment requirements. The schedule below applies to clients 18 to 61 years old.
| Median Income Level
|| Repayment Percentage
|| Deferred Forgivable Loan Percentage
| 50% or below
| 51% to 61%
| 61% to 70%
| 71% - 80%
Lead is Preventable Program (LIPP)
LIPP addresses lead hazards within the home through lead abatement. Assistance is up to $20,000 provided in the form of a 100% forgivable loan. Repairs include:
- Lead based paint abatement
- New interior paint
- New exterior paint
- New flooring
- New Windows
Who is eligible for LIPP?
Homeowners who meet the same criteria as the Home Rehabilitation Program including:
- Homes built before 1978
- Participants who have children under the age of six living or frequently visit the home
The income criteria as of 06/15/2022. Click here for more details.