Looking for a Lost Pet - OR - Found a Pet?
Lost Your Pet?
- It is very important to visit the Animal Shelter in person.
- The map below is updated hourly by Animal Care Officers in the field. If you see your animal on this map, call the Animal Shelter at (254) 750-7091, or Animal Care at (254) 750-1765, with the animal ID number of your pet (ie, A076543) with the location and description of your pet and/or visit the shelter as soon as possible to start the reclaim process.
- Animal Care Officers will make attempts to return microchipped animals to you. Please make sure your microchip information is correct and stays updated.
Note: If your animal is current on rabies vaccinations (and it's a first offense with Waco Animal Control), microchipped and spayed/neutered, your animal will be returned to you at no charge within the 24-hour hold period, even if taken to the shelter. (Please bring proof of rabies vaccination to the shelter when you reclaim your animal.)
Note: The Animal Shelter's Animal Intake Division officially opens at 11 a.m. (2032 Circle Road in Waco)
Found a Pet?
If you cannot locate its owners in the area it was found, post to your personal social media accounts with photo and location, share with Centex LostPets. If safely possible to secure the animal, giving the owners a chance to claim it is extremely helpful to our Animal Shelter.
When you need immediate help please call Animal Care (Control's) main number at (254) 750-1765, leave a message if needed.
Scan for Microchip
When available, an officer will come check for a microchip. If not available, visit any Waco fire station for a microchip scan.
If animal is chipped, please help us find the owner! Animal Care Officers can also help with arrangements to return the animal to its owner. If there is no chip, the officer will take the animal to the shelter unless other arrangements can be made to find the owner. Places that can scan for microchips include: the Waco Animal Shelter, Waco Fire Stations, most vet clinics, Fuzzy Friends Rescue, Cribs for Canines and Central Texas Lost and Found Pets.
Note: Posting lost pets to social media with well-taken photos is extremely helpful in locating owners. Centex LostPets is a great place to start.
Check below for your pet!
Don't see your animal?
- Animals are brought in by Animal Care Officers 24 hours a day from all over the Central Texas area.
- You should check the Animal Shelter (2032 Circle Road) at minimum every day.
- You can also check the animal inventory on the Humane Society of Central Texas' website.
- Go to the Intake Building (follow signs or visit with a staff member. A staff member will escort you through the building to see if your pet has arrived.)
- If you do not see your animal in Intake, walk the adoption kennel wings: Young, Duncan & Rapoport.
- Notify a staff member immediately if you see your animal so the kennel can be properly tagged with your information.
- Staff members will give you instructions to follow to reclaim your pet.
Still can't find your pet?
- Don't give up! - Post your lost pet on CenTex Lost Pets website, Facebook page, the Central Texas Lost & Found Pets Facebook Page or the Heart of Texas Lost Found Pets Facebook page.
- Use your personal social media accounts to advertise your pet with images and where he/she was lost. We recommend posting daily with many photos.
- Hang flyers around your neighborhood and post information to Craigslist and other apps available such as NextDoor.
- If you cannot make it to the shelter to look for your pet, please keep checking the Humane Society of Central Texas' website. The website is populated by shelter inventory. Please note: NOT ALL animals will show up on the site. It is VERY important to come to the shelter to look for your animal.