ANIMAL CARE (CONTROL) & SHELTER SERVICES
Lost Pet Information:
Looking for a Lost Pet?
- You should check the shelter at minimum every day.
You can also check the animal inventory on the
Humane Society of Central Texas' website.
- Animals are brought in by Animal Control 24 hours a day.
- Go to Building D after visiting Animal
Services first. (A staff member will escort you through the building to see if your pet has arrived.)
- If you do not see your animal in D, walk the adoption kennel
wings: Young, Duncan & Rapoport.
- Notify a staff member immediately if you see your animal so the kennel can be properly tagged with your information.
- Staff members will give you instructions to follow to reclaim your pet.
If you do not find your pet:
- Post your lost pet on
CenTex Lost Pets
- Hang flyers around your neighborhood and
post information to social media and/or
- If you cannot make it to the shelter to look for your pet you can look on the Humane Society of Central Texas' website. Please note: not ALL animals will show up on the site. It is VERY important to come to the shelter to look for your animal.
Common Questions >>