Lost Pet Information:
Looking for a Lost Pet? - Start here!
This map is updated hourly and is tied directly to Animal Care Officers in the field. If you see your animal on this map, call the Animal Shelter at (254) 754-1454, with the animal ID number of your pet (ie, A076543) with the location and description of your pet and/or visit the shelter as soon as possible to start the reclaim process.
If your animal is current on rabies vaccinations, microchipped and spayed/neutered, your animal will be returned to you at no charge within the 24-hour hold period. (Please bring proof of rabies vaccination to the shelter when you reclaim your animal.)
If you do not see your animal on this map:
- Animals are brought in by Animal Care Officers 24 hours a day from all over the Central Texas area.
- You should check the Animal Shelter (2032 Circle Road) at minimum every day.
- You can also check the animal inventory on the Humane Society of Central Texas' website.
- Go to Building D (follow signs or visit with a staff member. A staff member will escort you through the building to see if your pet has arrived.)
- If you do not see your animal in D, walk the adoption kennel wings: Young, Duncan & Rapoport.
- Notify a staff member immediately if you see your animal so the kennel can be properly tagged with your information.
- Staff members will give you instructions to follow to reclaim your pet.
If you do not find your pet:
- Post your lost pet on CenTex Lost Pets website or Facebook page.
- Use your personal social media accounts to advertise your pet with images and where he/she was lost.
- Hang flyers around your neighborhood and post information to social media and/or Craigslist.
- If you cannot make it to the shelter to look for your pet you can look on the Humane Society of Central Texas' website. Please note: not ALL animals will show up on the site. It is VERY important to come to the shelter to look for your animal.