Neighborhood Grant Program
The 2024 Neighborhood Grant application is now available. Applications are due at 11:59 p.m. on Monday, November 13.
The City of Waco’s Neighborhood Grant Program assists neighborhood associations in Waco with beautification, identity, and community-based projects.
Before starting your application, please review all the information on this page and the Neighborhood Grant Program Guidelines(PDF, 309KB) to learn about the program requirements. If you have any questions about the program or the application, please contact us at (254) 750-5774 or email@example.com.
The Neighborhood Grant program awards neighborhood associations up to $7,500 per public project. After completing the first grant, neighborhood associations can apply for two grant projects for a total of $10,000 per year.
The Neighborhood Grant Program is a matching grant, so that means you and your neighborhood association must put some investment into your neighborhood project too. The match requirement can be cash, in-kind donations, and volunteer hours. Any projects that will be owned by the City of Waco, such as new identity signs or park benches, do not need a match. Review the information below before starting your application.
Start Your Application
In order to be eligible for the Neighborhood Grant Program, neighborhood associations must:
- Be a City of Waco neighborhood association.
- Have up-to-date bylaws.
- Have Articles of Incorporation or Certificate of Formation filed with the Secretary of State and be in good standing. (Check your status here: https://mycpa.cpa.state.tx.us/coa/).
- Have membership open to all those living within their boundaries (and per the bylaws).
- Have a Federal Tax Identification Number to complete IRS Form W-9.
- Have a bank account in the name of the neighborhood association.
- Submit the application by the deadline.
- Agree to complete the project by the end of the calendar year.
- Agree to submit the required project progress reports and final report.
If your neighborhood association needs help with any of the administrative requirements or documents, please contact the Office of Neighborhood Engagement.
As long as the project is open to the neighborhood and provides some public benefit, most events and projects are eligible. However, please contact the Office of Neighborhood Engagement before starting your application, so that we can make sure your project is eligible.
Projects can include:
- Neighborhood identity signs
- Sign toppers
- Park benches
- Membership drives
- Neighborhood celebration events
- National Night Out parties
- Neighborhood parades
- Neighborhood association professional development
- Equipment or other items for individuals
- Political events
- Private, exclusive or by-invitation-only events
- Improvements to private property
- Duplication or expansion of an existing program or service
- Ongoing services or requests that support organization's budgets
- Maintenance of projects built with previous grants
Guidelines & Application
The Neighborhood Grant Guidelines are your primary resource in preparing your application. It includes program requirements and other important documents. Please review the guidelines before starting your online application.
Guidelines approved by Waco City Council, October 19, 2021, RES 2021-767
The 2024 Neighborhood Grant application period is from Wednesday, September 13 to Monday, November 13. Before starting your application, contact Neighborhood Engagement staff to make sure your project is eligible.
Start Your Application
Resources & Documents
Grantee Resources include all the documents neighborhoods may need throughout the course of the grant project. You can access the forms here or in the Grant Guidelines.
Click the links below to see projects from previous grant cycles!