(Available at City Hall or Dr. Mae Jackson Development Center)

Activity Permit

A permit is required for events taking place on city property or streets, utilizing city services or affecting municipal policies and affairs. Applications must be submitted a minimum of 15 days prior to activity. (Also available at Parks and Recreation.)

Activity Permit Application

Alcohol Permits

(available at the City of Waco Water Office, 425 Franklin)

An applicant for alcoholic beverage and/or dance hall license or permit must file a completed application form with the Water Collections Office. Inspection of the premises is required after submission of the City of Waco License Application Form and payment of the appropriate fee. For more information contact Dolores Michaelwicz or Sabrina Beck at (254) 299-2489.

Alcohol Permit Application

Garage Sale Permits

Garage Sale permits can be obtained from the Finance Department on the fourth floor of City Hall; at the Water Office (425 Franklin); or at the Development Center (4th & Franklin). Citizens may have 2 garage sales in a calendar year as long as they get a permit each time before the sale. The permits are currently $10.00. The garage sales are good for 3 consecutive days. If you are 65 years of age or older, you have to get the permit but you are exempt from the fee with proof of birthday.

Night Club Permit

Under authority of Ordinance 2013-230, applications must be submitted to, and are available in, the City Secretary’s Office, City Hall, 300 Austin Avenue. A $250 fee is due at the time the application is submitted. Inspection of the premises is required after submission of the application and payment of the appropriate fee is received. All permits expire five (5) years after the date the permit was issued.

Night Club Permit Application

Approved Night Clubs:

  • 2nd Level, 210 S. 8th Street
  • Ace’s Bar & Grill, 2911 Primrose Drive, Suite C
  • A.D.’s Tejano Bar, 423 S. 18th Street
  • Austin’s, 719 Austin Avenue
  • Backyard Bar, Stage & Grill, 511 S. 8th St., Waco, TX 76706
  • Bar Bar, 930 Webster Avenue
  • Benemerita Sociedad Mutualista-Mexicana de Jornaleros, 2214 S. 15th Street
  • Cartera’s Bar, 2911 N. 19th
  • Chapter 11, 619 Esther Street
  • Club Infinity, 2224 Faulkner Lane
  • Coco Loco, 928 N. 25th Street
  • Dodge City Saloon, 1009 Wooded Acres Drive
  • Empire, 1225 Richland Dr.
  • Fast Eddie’s, 412 N. Valley Mills Drive, Suite 412-A
  • Jorge’s, 1325 E. League Street
  • Junction 84, 6512 Woodway Drive
  • Kuma, 520 Austin Avenue
  • Lakeside Tavern, 6605 Airport Road
  • Muddle, 727 Austin Avenue
  • Nite Court Saloon, 210 S. 8th Street
  • Oakley’s Texas Bar, 816 N. Valley Mills Drive
  • Old School Club, 2812 N. 19th Street
  • Paticka's Step 77 Lounge, 211 S. Loop Drive
  • Road Runner Motorcycle Club, 1209 N. Loop Drive
  • Scruffy Murphy’s, 1226 Speight Avenue
  • The Crying Shame, 7020 Sanger Avenue
  • The Falcon Club, 211 S. Loop Drive
  • TrueLove Bar, 414 Franklin Avenue
  • Vernon’s Club, 2224 Faulkner Lane (CHANGE FROM CLUB INFINITY)
  • Wild West Waco, 115 Mary Avenue

Solicitors Permit

Under authority of Ordinance No. 2000-8, applications must be submitted to, and are available in, the City Secretary’s Office, City Hall, 300 Austin Avenue. A 72-hour waiting period is required. A $25.00 permit fee must be paid at the time the permit is issued. All permits expire on December 31st of the year issued.

Solicitors Permit Application

Vehicles for Hire (Taxis, Pedi-Cabs, Limos, etc.)

Vehicle for Hire applications are available on line and in, the City Secretary’s Office, City Hall, 300 Austin Avenue, on the first floor. Application must be submitted in the City Secretary’s Office with a $25.00 non-refundable application fee.

The request is processed for approval by the City Secretary and a permit fee of $100.00 per vehicle is required. Vehicles are inspected by the City of Waco Fleet Services by appointment. A driver’s permit fee is $25.00 and must also be submitted in the City Secretary’s Office. More information...

List of Requirements

Vehicle for Hire Application

Drivers Permit Application

Permits Available at the Dr. Mae Jackson Development Center:

  • Building
  • Plumbing
  • Electrical
  • Mechanical
  • Sprinkler System
  • Pool
  • Demolition
  • Moving
  • Sign
  • Open Air Vendor
  • Garage Sale (also available at City Hall & Water Office)
  • Outdoor Furniture
  • Amusement Tags
  • Farmers Market
  • Repair to Green Tag Building
  • Parking Lot Only - No Structure
  • Site Grading
  • Foundation Only
  • Commercial Check
  • Microwave Towers
  • Wind Turbine Generators

City Secretary’s Office >>