Michelle Hicks began her career in municipal government with the City of Lacy Lakeview in 2003. Michelle worked in various departments, including her current position as the City Secretary.
Michelle is a member of the Central Texas Municipal Clerks Association, Texas Municipal Clerks Association, and International Institute of Municipal Clerks (IIMC). Michelle received her certification from the University of North Texas through the Texas Municipal Clerks Association in January 2015. Additionally, she is a Trustee for TMCA Executive Board. Michelle has served on several Central Texas Municipal Clerks Association committees and served as the President for two years. In addition, Michelle completed the CPM (Certified Public Manager) program through Texas State University's William P. Hobby Center for Public service in 2017. Michelle also has her BS-BA Bachelor of Science in Business Administration through Tarleton State University.
Michelle enjoys time with her family. She has one daughter and son-in-law, one grandson, and soon to have a granddaughter. Michelle is active in her church. Her favorite thing to do is watch movies.
About the City Secretary’s Office
The Office of the City Secretary is committed to providing knowledgeable, respectful, and efficient public service.
Recognized as highly skilled and cooperative team that provides excellent and innovative services and inspiring confidence in those we serve and support.
- Stay abreast of the latest laws, technology, and practices to meet the highest standards of municipal clerk functional competence vital to the city’s success.
- Prepare, maintain, and make easily accessible all public records of the city as required by the City Charter and the State of Texas.
- Cultivate, foster, and build partnerships with all city departments and community organizations that enhances the critical role of the City Secretary’s Office.
- Foster a teamwork environment where all members feel relevant and welcome and understand the vital role, we each have in the city’s success.
- Provide a responsive, quality, respectful and considerate customer service experience to every person.
- Efficiently, preserve and maintain the official records of the City.
- Coordinate regular meetings of the City Council and calling special meetings upon request of the Mayor, City Manager or three Council Members.
- Prepare minutes of all meetings of the Council and file, publishes, and codifies ordinances as required.
- Conduct annual general city elections.
- Coordinate appointments to various boards, commissions, and committees
- Posts public meeting notices.
- Issues various licenses and permits.
- Coordinate request for public information.
- Provides administrative support to the Council.
- Act as the local filing authority for officials filing Texas Ethics Commissions forms, claims and lawsuits.
- All other responsibilities as directed by the City Council.