Cameron Park Neighborhood Association
Cameron Park Neighborhood Association was established to promote safety, conservation of the park’s natural elements, and connection as a community within the City of Waco. Cameron Park Neighborhood is centrally located near Downtown Waco and a large portion of the neighborhood consists of the historic park that the neighborhood was named after. Cameron Park has a rich one-hundred-year history now encompassing 416 acres along the Brazos River featuring large green spaces, playgrounds, splash pads, hiking and biking trails, a disc golf course, picnic and grilling areas, and community gathering spaces.
The purpose of Cameron Park Neighborhood Association is to:
- Ensure stronger relationships within the neighborhood
- Encourage connection to and cooperation with city, park, and like agencies that interact with the residents of CPNA
- Eradicate criminal activity in the neighborhood and park areas
- Effect continued improvement and conservation to the neighborhood and park area
- Establish a unified voice in all matters that are pertinent to CPNA
Cameron Park Neighborhood has the following boundaries:
- North boundary: Park Lake Drive to Lover’s Leap Road
- East boundary: Bosque to Brazos River
- South boundary: Herring Avenue
- West boundary: 18th to 19th Streets
Membership is open to residents, business and organizations that live or operate within the neighborhood’s boundaries. Dues for the neighborhood association are a voluntary donation of any desired sum of money a member would like to give to the association. The membership year for the association follows the calendar year, January 1 through December 31.
Meetings are held quarterly on the first Tuesday of January, April, August and December at 6 p.m. at the Cameron Park Clubhouse, 2601 Sturgis Road. Meetings are open to the public. You do not have to be a member to attend the meetings, but voting is reserved for membership. All Cameron Park Neighborhood residents are welcome!
Jeannine McMeans, President
Greta Knoll, Vice-President
Genevieve Peel, Secretary/Treasurer