Brookview Neighborhood Association (BVNA)
BVNA’s purpose is to build bridges (represented by our logo) between neighbors, businesses, and entities in the area, and to encourage restoration, preservation, and improvements in the neighborhood.
Brookview NA has a convenient central location near shopping, dining, entertainment, and downtown. It has the following boundaries:
- on the East - 26th Street from Bosque to Waco Dr.
- on the North - Bosque Boulevard from 26th to New Road
- on the West - New Road from Bosque to Valley Mills Dr. to Waco Dr.
- on the South - Waco Drive from 26th to Valley Mills
S.J. Guthrie Park is a great neighborhood spot with playground equipment, ½ court basketball, walking track, greenbelt, an open area for soccer or softball, and a pavilion for community, family and friends to gather.
GOALS OF BVNA
- Provide opportunities for BVNA residents to meet and talk to each other
- Clean up & beautify neighborhood, with a focus on S.J. Guthrie Park and the Sanger Ave. greenbelt between 38th & 42nd
- Promote crime prevention program for the Neighborhood
- Increase membership
- Provide e-mail updates with city and neighborhood information to all Brookview residents
- Encourage Recycling throughout the area
- Membership Drive encouraging more resident participation
PAST & CURRENT NA INITIATIVES
Yard of Month Program: Each month two yards receive recognition for attractive Landscaping. Two yards are selected - one between 26th & 36th and one between 36th & New Road.
Crime Prevention: BVNA will consider implementing various crime prevention programs recommended by the Waco Police Dept.
Advocacy: BVNA Board members meet with Kelly Palmer and Josh Borderud to discuss the needs of the BVNA area.
NA ACCOMPLISHMENTS, ETC.
Steppin’ Out: residents work on neighborhood clean up event with Baylor students, Keep Waco Beautiful, and City of Waco in Spring and Fall.
National Night Out: residents partner with the Waco Police Dept. and hold a community event to encourage crime prevention & discourage criminal behavior.
S.J. Guthrie Park & NA area Upkeep: BVNA works with the City of Waco to help keep the park & the neighborhood litter free and in compliance with codes/ordinances.
Annual Membership: July 1 through June 30
Dues: $5.00 Single, $10.00 Family, Business Dues: $25.00
To Join: Send a check payable to: Brookview Neighborhood Assn.
PO Box 7391
Waco, TX 76714
- Meetings are held at least three times a year at S. J. Guthrie Park under the pavilion.
- Contact Janice Henley, President, for more information about upcoming meeting dates.
- Elections occur at the annual meeting in June.
- You do not have to be a member to attend the meetings.
Board Meetings: Monthly, 1st Monday @ 7 p.m., location varies
Janice Henley, President
910 N. 33rd ST, Waco, TX 76707
Ginger Ritchison, Secretary/Treasurer
3245 Edmond Ave, Waco, TX 76707