Brookview Neighborhood Association (BVNA)
BVNA’s purpose is to build bridges (represented by our logo) between neighbors, businesses, and entities in the area, and to encourage restoration, preservation, and improvements in the neighborhood.
Brookview NA has a convenient central location near shopping, dining, entertainment, and downtown. It has the following boundaries:
- on the East - 26th Street from Bosque to Waco Dr.
- on the North - Bosque Boulevard from 26th to New Road
- on the West - New Road from Bosque to Valley Mills Dr. to Waco Dr.
- on the South - Waco Drive from 26th to Valley Mills
S.J. Guthrie Park is a great neighborhood spot with playground equipment, ½ court basketball, walking track, greenbelt, an open area for soccer or soft ball, and a pavilion for community, and family and friends to gather.
GOALS OF BVNA
- Provide opportunities for BVNA residents to meet and talk to each other
- Clean up & beautify neighborhood, with a focus on S.J. Guthrie Park and the Sanger Ave. greenbelt between 38th & 42nd
- Promote crime prevention program for the Neighborhood
- Increase membership
- Develop an e-mail newsletter for residents
- Encourage Recycling throughout the area
- Plan a Block Party for BVNA
- Membership Drive encouraging more resident participation
PAST & CURRENT NA INITIATIVES
Facebook Page: Check out Brookview Neighborhood Association on Facebook.
Yard of Month Program: Each month two yards receive recognition for attractive Landscaping. Two yards are selected - one between 26th & 36th and one between 36th & New Road.
Crime Prevention: BVNA will consider implementing various crime prevention programs recommended by the Waco Police Dept.
Advocacy: BVNA Board members meet with John Kinnaird and Dillon Meek to discuss the needs of the BVNA area
NA ACCOMPLISHMENTS, ETC.
Steppin’ Out: residents work on neighborhood clean up event with Baylor students, Keep Waco Beautiful, and City of Waco in Spring and Fall
National Night Out: residents partner with the Waco Police Dept. and hold a community event to encourage crime prevention & discourage criminal behavior
S.J. Guthrie Park & NA area Upkeep: BVNA works with the City of Waco to help keep the park & the neighborhood litter free and in compliance with codes/ordinances
Annual Membership: July 1 through June 30
Dues: $5.00 Single, $10.00 Family, Business Dues: $25.00
To Join: Send a check payable to: Brookview Neighborhood Assn.
PO Box 7391
Waco, TX 76714
General Meetings: Are held at least 3 times a year. June Annual Meeting (Elections) You do not have to be a member to attend the meetings.
Board Meetings: Monthly, 1st Monday @ 7pm, location varies
CONTACT FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Janice Henley, President: 230-7354
|Joe Davis||1301 Crestview 76710||224-6475|
|President||Janice Henley||910 N. 33rd St. email@example.com|
|Secretary||Ginger Ritchison||3245 Edmond firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Treasurer||Ruth Thompson||824 N. 33rd email@example.com|
|Gloria Valdez||1425 Springdale firstname.lastname@example.org|