Instructions for completing an application for employment with the City of Waco
PLEASE READ FIRST: Thank you for your interest in employment with the City of Waco. Before completing your application, read the instructions below and take note of the conditions for employment listed under the instructions.
- New vacancies will remain open for a minimum of five (5) business days and a maximum of 30 days. Check the website for the closing date of the job for which you are applying.
- Each position listed in our job openings includes minimum qualifications. Applicants whom do not meet the minimum qualifications listed for a position will not be considered for employment.
- Applications for employment are not accepted for positions that are not currently posted.
- Each job posting includes a job title, the hiring supervisor's name and salary. Answer all questions completely and accurately. If a question does not apply to you, please mark it "NA." Incomplete applications will not be considered. All answers are subject to verification.
- A resume may be submitted along with an application, but not in lieu of one. If a resume is attached, all questions on the application must still be answered completely. Do not use the comment "See Resume" on the application.
- If a position requests specific certifications or education minimum requirements, please be sure to attach copies of any certificates, transcripts, or other job related materials (such as DD214) along with the completed job application.
- Please be sure to provide good contact information as all correspondence regarding testing or any requests for more information will be sent from HR via email. (Please note, any applications with missing information or with testing incomplete at the time the position closes will not be considered for employment.)
Conditions of Employment
Below is a list of the conditions for employment with the City of Waco. Please read closely and if you have any questions, please contact Human Resources using the information at the bottom of this page.
- It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that the City of Waco Human Resources Department receives the application(s) for employment.
- Some positions require assessment testing. Minimum testing requirements must be achieved for the application to be considered for employment PRIOR to 4PM on the closing date. Applications will only be considered if specific testing requirements, experience, and educational requirements are achieved.
- All college education requires verification through a certified transcript. Please be prepared to provide the certified transcript at the time of the initial interview.
- Applications for employment are reviewed by the hiring supervisor(s). Applicants can check the status of their application by login to Munis portable by using their name, zip code and a PIN number. Unsuccessful applicants will be notified via email when a position they applied for has been filled.
- Any applicant who receives a contingent job offer will be required to complete a pre-employment physical, which includes a drug screen.
- Applicants who have been convicted of a felony in the last five years; or a misdemeanor in the last three years; or who are currently on probation, deferred adjudication, or parole will not be considered for employment. For Felony convictions occurring more than 5 years ago and misdemeanors occurring more than 3 years ago, an individualized assessment will be conducted in order to determine job fitness for risk sensitive job types, such as those responsible for financial transactions, handling confidential information, and working with vulnerable populations. Applicants who have a Sex Offender conviction will not be considered for employment by the City of Waco. Finalists for any position are subject to a background investigation.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants may submit their application online at: https://selfservice.wacotx.gov/MSS/ApplicantLogin.aspx
A link to the City of Waco job application will be listed within each individual job posting.
- Complete an application for each position you are applying for.
- If a position requires any additional information such as transcripts, certifications, or if you will need to submit a DD214, please be sure to attach these items to your email in addition to your application.
- All applications must be submitted by the of the day the position is scheduled to close to be considered for employment. If you receive an email regarding testing the day after the position closes, please note that you will be ask to complete testing by 4PM THAT DAY. If the testing is not completed by this deadline, the application will not be considered for employment.
If you have any further questions regarding the status of your application, please feel free to use the contact information below to contact the City of Waco Human Resources Department. If you are unable to reach us by phone, please be sure to leave a message stating your name, your number, the position you’ve applied for, and your question. We will work hard to return your call as soon as possible.
City of Waco Human Resources Department, City Hall First Floor
300 Austin Avenue
P.O. Box 2570
Waco, Texas 76702-2570
Phone: (254) 750-5740
Email – email@example.com
Fax: (254) 750-5737
For directions to the City of Waco Human Resources Department, please click here.