Instructions for completing an application for employment with the City of Waco
Conditions of Employment
Below is a list of the conditions for employment with the City of Waco. Please read closely and if you have any questions, please contact Human Resources using the information at the bottom of this page.
- It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that the City of Waco Human Resources Department receives the application(s) for employment.
- Some positions require assessment testing. Applications will only be considered if specific testing requirements, experience, and educational requirements are achieved.
- All college education requires verification through a certified transcript. Please be prepared to provide the certified transcript at the time of the initial interview.
- Applications for employment are reviewed by the hiring supervisor(s). Applicants can check the status of their application by login to Munis portable by using their name, zip code and a PIN number. Unsuccessful applicants will be notified via email when a position they applied for has been filled.
- Any applicant who receives a contingent job offer will be required to complete a pre-employment physical, which includes a drug screen.
- Applicants who have been convicted of a felony in the last five years; or a misdemeanor in the last three years; or who are currently on probation, deferred adjudication, or parole will not be considered for employment. For Felony convictions occurring more than 5 years ago and misdemeanors occurring more than 3 years ago, an individualized assessment will be conducted in order to determine job fitness for risk sensitive job types, such as those responsible for financial transactions, handling confidential information, and working with vulnerable populations. Applicants who have a Sex Offender conviction will not be considered for employment by the City of Waco. Finalists for any position are subject to a background investigation.
How to Apply:
A link to the City of Waco job application will be listed within each individual job posting.
- Complete an application for each position you are applying for.
- If a position requires any additional information such as transcripts, certifications, or if you will need to submit a DD214, please be sure to attach these items to your email in addition to your application.
- 3. All applications must be submitted prior to position closing to be considered for employment.
If you have any further questions regarding the status of your application, please feel free to use the contact information below to contact the City of Waco Human Resources Department. If you are unable to reach us by phone, please be sure to leave a message stating your name, your number, the position you’ve applied for, and your question. We will work hard to return your call as soon as possible.
City of Waco Human Resources Department, City Hall First Floor
300 Austin Avenue
P.O. Box 2570
Waco, Texas 76702-2570
Phone: (254) 750-5740
Email – email@example.com
Fax: (254) 750-5737
For directions to the City of Waco Human Resources Department, please click here.