Texas Power Switch
The Texas Power Switch is a program that makes it easy to lower your electricity bill through group buying.
With the approval of the Waco City Council, the City of Waco is officially working with the Texas Power Switch to help residents save money on their electric bills. (The City neither receives nor pays anything to Texas Power Switch for this opportunity for its citizens to possibly save on their electric bills).
What is the Texas Power Switch?
The Texas Power Switch is a group energy switching program run by iChoosr, LLC and is licensed by the Public Utility Commission of Texas (certificate number 80419). It gives residents the opportunity to join together and get a lower rate on electricity by asking energy providers to bid on the group’s business.
There is no cost to the residents or the City for this service, nor does the City receive any compensation. This is a service exclusively designed to help residents save money.
Save hundreds on your electric bills per year!
Texans who switched to the 24 month plan in the last program are expected to save an average of $496 per year on their energy bills. The more people that participate, the greater the chances are of obtaining a competitive rate. Please keep in mind, there’s no fee to participate and no obligation to switch.
How it Works
- Have an electricity bill handy and visit www.texaspowerswitch.com/waco.
- Register for free before September 21, 2021. It only takes a few minutes.
- The Texas Power Switch will organize an auction among electricity providers and the lowest rate wins, offer or not.
- Join the Texas Power Switch Facebook page (facebook.com/TexasPowerSwitch) to follow updates about upcoming virtual info sessions.
- Please remember that re-registration is required for each program.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888-376-2077.