Latest News & Info
NEW LOCATION: 209 South 28th Street in Waco
All contact information and phone numbers remain the same.
STRATEGIC PLAN FOR ENDING HOMELESSNESS
The City of Waco is in the process of preparing its DRAFT Strategic Plan for Ending Homelessness which serves a roadmap to end homelessness in Waco through the development of strategic goals and strategies. Through working collaboratively with the Heart of Texas Homeless Coalition and service providers, we will be able to develop a homeless system that aims to prevent and end homelessness while equipping our residents with tools to be successful in the journey to becoming self-sufficient. You may review the report and presentation below:
- English – Strategic Plan for Ending Homelessness
- English – Strategies to End Homelessness Presentation
- Español – Plan Estratégico Para Poner Fin A La Falta de Vivienda
- Español – Presentación de Estrategias Para Poner Fin A La Falta de Vivienda
Please submit your feedback to the Community Services Department by e-mailing DraftHomelessPlanFeedback@wacotx.gov.
Housing Plan/Study Presentation
On January 10th , Mullin & Lonergan (M&L) Associates presented on the draft Strategic Housing Plan/Study. Mullin & Lonergan reported findings regarding housing disparities and related factors associated with the lack of affordable housing and provided strategies and recommendations to address Waco's affordable housing issues.
- Waco Strategic Housing Plan
- Waco Strategic Housing Plan Appendices
- Strategic Housing Plan/Study: January 10th Council Presentation - English
- Strategic Housing Plan/Study: January 10th - en espanol
- Video: Special Meeting on January 10
More about Lead
Citizen Participation Plan ( Revised September 2016)
Housing and Economic Development Services is achieving this goal through numerous programs. These programs allow applicants within the City of Waco to apply for help with some priority housing needs.
For more information click on the appropriate link in the menu (at left) or call (254) 750-5656.
To ensure that equal opportunities are available for all to live in quality housing and encourage homeownership.
Helpful Information & Links
- National Resource Network 2015 City of Waco Assessment Report
- LOW INCOME HOUSING TAX CREDIT APPLICATION PROCEDURES
Other Helpful Housing Links