Promoting safety, protecting life & property everyday- Waco Fire!
Waco Fire is hiring!
Application deadline: May 23, 2021
Written Civil Service Exam: June 5, 2021 at 8 a.m.
(create an account to apply)
The study guide will be made available to applicants
who have a completed application on file. The
study guide contains examples of material covered on the
civil service entrance exam and is designed to assist
with preparing for the exam. The study guide can
be downloaded in a printable format or hard copy
available at Waco Fire Administration.
All applicants who score 70% or higher will be ranked
on an Eligibility List based on their score. Tied scores
will be ranked according to Civil Service Rules. All
other phases of the selection process are either pass or
- U.S. citizen, 18-35 years of age (cannot have reached 36th birthday at time of written exam)
- High School Diploma or GED with 12 semester hours from an accredited college or university
- Hold basic firefighter and emergency medical technician (EMT) certifications from the appropriate State of Texas agencies.
- Valid Texas driver’s license (required to obtain a Texas Class B license while in training)
- Good driving record
- Pass the written examination and physical agility test
- No felony convictions
- Pass a criminal background check, reference check and a polygraph examination
- Veterans receive 5 additional points on passing exam score but must provide their DD214 showing an honorable discharge
- Meet all requirements of the Civil Service Commission and the City of Waco
- Pass medical examination including normal hearing and vision of at least 20/100 in each eye and correctable to 20/20 (binocular)
If you have any questions regarding employment with the Waco Fire Department,
please call the Administration Office at (254) 750-1740.
Waco Fire Department >>