May 4, 2019, General Election
The next City of Waco general election will be held on May 4, 2019. Uncontested candidates will be sworn into office at 6:00 p.m. on May 14, 2019.
For more information contact the City Secretary’s Office at 254-750-5750 or visit the City of Waco Elections webpage at www.waco-texas.com.
Physical address for filing applications in person (Dirección física para presentar las solicitudes en persona para un lugar en la boleta):
City Secretary’s Office First Floor – City Hall
300 Austin Avenue Waco, Texas 76701
To mail an application for place on the ballot (Dirección a donde enviar las solicitudes para un lugar en la boleta en caso de presentar por correo):
Esmeralda Hudson, City Secretary
PO Box 2570
Waco, Texas 76702-2570
La elección general de la Ciudad de Waco será el Sábado, 4 de mayo 2019. El primer dia para solicitar un lugar en la boleta electoral es el miércoles, 16 de éneo 2019, y el último día es el viernes 15 de febrero, 2019. Las posiciones disponibles para la Ciudad de Waco son, concejal de distrito II, IV y V.
Para más información póngase en contacto con la Oficina de la Secretaria de la Ciudad al 750-5750 o visite el sitio de internet de la Ciudad de Waco en www.waco-texas.com.
City of Waco Election Results
Eligibility for City Council Office
Standard Eligibility Requirements for Public Office
Election Code Sec. 141.001(a)
- Be a United States Citizen.
- Be 18 years of age or older on the first day of the term to be filled at the election.
- Have not been determined mentally incompetent by a final judgment of a court.
- Have not been finally convicted of a felony from which the person has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities.
- Have resided continuously in the state for 12 months and in the territory, as applicable, for six months immediately preceding the deadline for filing an application for a place on the ballot.
- Candidate must satisfy any other eligibility requirements prescribed by law for this office.
City of Waco Home Rule Charter Requirements
- Citizen of United States.
- 21 years of age
- Qualified voter of the State and City for 12 months immediately preceding the date of election.
- If elected from a district, must be a resident of the district for six months preceding the date of election.
- Candidate will file application with City Secretary designating office sought and sworn statement by the candidate that they are fully qualified under the Laws of the State of Texas and the provisions of the Charter.
- Election Code Sec. 11.001 and 11.002 A person meets the age requirement for voting on the day before his 18th birthday [Sec. 1.016]
- 18 years of age or older on the day of the election.
- Citizen of the United States.
- Not disqualified as mentally incompetent.
- Not disqualified as a convicted felon [Discharge papers issued by pardons & paroles division].
- Resident of the state on the day of the election.
- A registered voter on the day of the election.
Registered voter who meets all other requirements for voting. A registration becomes effective on the 30th day after the day the application is submitted to the registrar or on the date the applicant becomes 18 years old, whichever is later. [Sec. 13.143]
Eligibility to Vote
Election Code Sec. 11.001
- Be a qualified voter as defined above.
- Be a resident of the territory covered by the election for the office on which the person desires to vote.
- Satisfy all other requirements for voting prescribed by law for particular election.