Grey Cart Ordinance Reminders

What if I need an additional cart?

One 95-gallon cart holds the equivalent of three average household-type garbage containers. Proper recycling also helps reduce the volume of garbage. If your household needs a second trash cart, please complete this form to request a cart or call (254) 299-2612. A second 95 gallon trash cart is available for $4 additional per month.

What if my cart gets damaged or stolen?

If your cart breaks though normal use, the Solid Waste Services will repair or replace it at no cost to you. Please complete this form or call Solid Waste Services at (254) 299-2612 to request cart repair or replacement.

As a reminder, please DO NOT put any marking on the carts. The cart is the property of the City of Waco. Should you move, please leave the cart at your home.

What if I have a larger clean-up job?

Cobbs Recycling Center and the Waco Landfill accept brush and bulky waste from Waco residents. Proof of residency (such as a water bill) is required. Call (254) 299-2612 with questions.

Cobbs Recyling Center cannot accept construction materials (such as drywall, concrete, bricks or asphalt shingles), household chemicals, or compressed cylinders.

Solid Waste Services also offers curbside Bulky and Brush Collection Service to residents on your trash collection day. Under the free bulky service, Solid Waste Services will collect loads that are approximately the size of a standard pickup bed once per month. 

When waste is from commercial sources (such as contractors and businesses), from tenant evictions, or vacant lots, the Solid Waste Services Department will collect these materials if the property owner pays for collection services. To arrange for fee paid bulky waste collection, call (254) 299-2612.