(Yield: 6 servings)
• 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
• 1 tablespoon plus 1-1/2 teaspoons peanut oil, divided
• 3/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
• 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained and diced
• 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
• 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
• 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
• 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
• 1-1/2 cups shredded carrots
• 1/2 cup julienned green onions
• 12 Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves
• 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
(makes 48 cookies)
• 4 egg whites (at room temperature)
• 1/4 tsp. cream of tarter
• 2 Tbsp. honey
• 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tarter until foamy.
3. Beat in honey and almond extract until egg whites form stiff peaks. Drop by spoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets.
4. Place 1 baking sheet on the middle shelf of the oven. Close oven door and immediately turn oven off!
5. Leaving baking sheet in the oven for 1 1/2 hours.
6. Transfer cookies to a rack. Again, preheat oven to 375 F. Bake second sheet of cookies in the same manner.
7. Place chocolate chips in a zip lock bag and microwave on HIGH for 1 minute, until chocolate is melted.
8. Snip one corner of the bag and drizzle chocolate over meringue kisses with zigzag motions.
• 1 pkg. Sugar-free white chocolate pudding (or vanilla pudding)
• 1 8oz. Carton nonfat plain yogurt
• 1 c skim milk
• 1 red. Calorie pound cake or angel food cake cut into ½ inch cubes
• 1 pint strawberries (sliced)
• 3 pkgs. Artificial sweetener
• 1 8oz. container light whipped cream
1. Combine pudding, yogurt, and skim milk.
2. Mix until smooth and allow to set for 3 minutes.
3. In a separate bowl combine fruit and artificial sweetener.
4. Line a clear glass serving bowl with half the cake.
5. Spread half of the pudding mixture over the cake.
6. Top with half the fruit mixture. Repeat the layers. Garnish with whipped topping. Serves 8. Each serving contains 179 calories, 5g of fat, 1mg cholesterol, and 200mg of sodium.
You can add other fruits or use different combinations. Bananas or pineapple make a great addition. Garnish with chopped pecans for a low-fat version of a sundae. Or for a fresher taste garnish with orange zest.
• Low-fat or skim milk.
• Yogurt or tofu
• Crushed ice
• Any fruit or combination you like
• Sugar Substitute
Process in blender until thick and smooth.
• 1 small pkg. Sugar-free lime jello
• 1 8oz. container light whipped cream (thawed)
• 1 box reduced fat graham crackers
• 1 container of low-fat key lime yogurt