What is the 2020 Census?
The 2020 Census counts every person living in the 50 states, District of Columbia, and five U.S. territories.
This count is mandated by the U.S. Constitution and conducted by the U.S. Census Bureau, a nonpartisan government agency. The 2020 Census counts the population in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and five U.S. territories (Puerto Rico, American Samoa, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, Guam, and the U.S. Virgin Islands). Each home will receive an invitation to respond to a short questionnaire online, by phone, or by mail. This will mark the first time that you will be able to respond to the census online.
To learn more about how to shape your community, roads, schools and future start here!
2020 Census Complete Count Committee
Census Resources & Materials
- Low Census Scores in Waco Map
- Census Response Outreach Area Mapper (ROAM)
- Counting for Dollars 2020 - Texas
- Counting for Dollars - The George Washington University, DC
- 2020 Census PSA
- 2020 Census PSA
- 2020 Census PSA- How will the data be used?
- 2020 Census PSA- Everyone Counts
- 2020 Censsus PSA- How do I Take the Census
- 2020 Census Jobs- Be a Census Taker- Support your Community
- 2020 Census Online Technology Resources
Statistics in Schools- Classroom Powered by Census Data
- Why 2020 Matters for Schools
- 2020 Resources K-12 Activities designed to be engaging and appropriate for students
- Taking the Class Census Lesson- Scholastic
- 4th and 5th grader Census Seminar
- Get out the Count Rock the Vote Video
- The 2020 Census Challenge - Play along Video
- Getting An Accurate Count- Fun animated video 2020 Census - Video
- Statistics in School PSA
Census Outreach Materials
- Texas Business 2020 Census Toolkit
- Posters, Flyers, Graphics and More to Encourage a Strong 2020 Census
- Texas Social Media Graphic Facebook
- Texas Social Media Graphic Twitter
- Business Counts: How Business Can Contribute to an Accurate 2020 Census
- Target Uses Census Data - Stats in Action - YouTube
- Greater Houston Partnership Uses Census Data- Stats in Action - YouTube
- How Business Can Contribute to an Accurate 2020 Census
- Talking Points for Busienss Case For an Accurate 2020 Census Count
- Council for A Stong America
Texans Care for Children When we miss kids, it harms children and their communities for a decade because our state loses billions of federal dollars for programs that give kids a healthy start in life: Head Start, Medicaid and Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP, formerly "food stamps"), Title I education funding, child care subsidies, Early Childhood Intervention (ECI), and school lunches.
Why the Census Matters - Reuters Graphics understanding The U.S. Census Bureau is finishing up a $5 billion project to move its decennial count of the American population online for the first time in history next year. The country-wide population count is an often-overlooked linchpin of America's democratic system. Its results determine how the federal government allocates almost $900 billion a year in federal spending. Even a 1% undercount can cost a state millions of dollars.By Ally J. Levine and Ashlyn Still DATED OCT 30, 2019
- Watch Leo's story! | New video from ¡Hágase Contar! Census 2020 Campaign (full version) NALEO Educational Fund
To help illustrate how participation in the U.S. Census and the gathering of accurate census data is important for our democracy and the well-being of families and communities, we’ve developed a NEW ANIMATION VIDEO for the ¡Hágase Contar! Census 2020 Campaign.