The mission of the Waco Citizen's Police Academy Alumni Association is to support officer and community safety by promoting educational and life preserving programs. We will encourage and promote the concept of community policing by giving the citizens an opportunity to better understand the function of the Waco Police Department.
Our members will be significantly involved with our police department in the effort to "Bridge the Gap" between the community and the police. We are a 501C-3 nonprofit organization.
The Waco Citizens Police Academy Alumni Association was established in December 1992 and consists of members that have graduated from the Citizens Police Academy. The Alumni Association is an active group that supports our police department in all aspects. They also raise funds in support of our officers for equipment and/or training needs that otherwise was not budgeted.
The Waco Citizens Police Academy Alumni Association meet once a month and meetings are held on the second Tuesday of each month from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Waco Police Department located at 3115 Pine Ave. We also have a special activity at every other meeting by providing a guest speaker to continue the educational process started by attending the Citizens Police Academy.
Front Row: Helen Jo Lee, Sissy White, Maria Swenson, Elfie Almaguer
Back Row: Terry Williams, Johnny Johnson, Charles Robnett, Rodney Baden, Jim Mastergeorge
1. Hosts of the 1998, 2005, 2012 Texas Citizens Police Academy Alumni & Law Enforcement Training Convention, and we will be the Host City for the 2017 Convention, making Waco the only city to have hosted the State Convention four times
2. Sold Waco PD mouse pads as one of our fundraisers
3. Sponsor the Citizens Police Academy Graduations
4. Sponsor T-shirts for the Junior Police Academy
5. Sponsor the Waco Police Trader Card Program
6. Sponsor the Hide, Lock, and Take program
7. Sponsor and coordinate the Police Memorial Run Fundraiser
8. Sponsor and host the annual officer/employee appreciation hamburger cookout during Police Memorial Week
9. Assist the Child ID requests for community programs by fingerprinting kids
10. Role play as hostages, victims, or suspects, while assisting the Training Division
11. Assist SWAT officers with active shooter training
12. Assist in the Police Civil Service and Recruit testing
13. Assist with traffic control during the July 4th on the Brazos Celebration
14. Assist the Waco Fire Department with the Miracle Match Marathon
15. Assist with the Waco Wild West Century Skittles Race
16. Assist with Waco’s National Night Out
17. Sponsor the Blue Santa program, which are funds for our officers to purchase Christmas gifts for families who are less fortunate or unable to afford Christmas
18. Fund numerous special training classes for our officers
19. Donated uhf/vhf radio for new Mobile Hostage Negotiation/Command Post Vehicle
20. Donated a M8 rifle to the SWAT team.
21. Donated Active Shooter training equipment
22. Support for Citizens On Patrol
23. Donated to the Police Department Museum
24. Brought a Seminar on how to prevent and protect against church violence; this was open to all churches in the City
25. Hosted a special presentation by Byron Sage, the Agent in charge of the Branch Davidian Event and invited all CPAAA’s in Region 2 & 3 to attend
38th Citizen’s Police Academy
37th Citizen’s Police Academy
36th Citizen’s Police Academy
35th Citizen’s Police Academy
34th Citizen’s Police Academy
33rd Citizen’s Police Academy
32nd Citizen’s Police Academy