Waco Metropolitan Area Regional Sewerage System
The Waco Metropolitan Area Regional Sewerage System (WMARSS) is the City of Waco wastewater treatment effort. It serves Bellmead, Hewitt, Lacy Lakeview, Lorena, Robinson, Waco and Woodway.
A centralized regional service facility has reduced the environmental impact of wastewater treatment. It's one way we protect and preserve our natural resources.
WMARSS maintains and operates wastewater interceptors, lift stations, and two wastewater treatment facilities.
WMARSS Treatment Facilities
- WMARSS Central Wastewater Treatment Plant, 1147 Treatment Plant Rd., Waco, TX 76706
- WMARSS Bull Hide Creek Wastewater Treatment Plant, 1646 Cooksey Ln., Lorena, TX 76708
WMARSS is a National Biosolids Certified Platinum Partner.
NBP Platinum Award(PDF, 586KB)
- Biosolids are the nutrient-rich organic materials resulting from wastewater treatment.
- Through biosolids management, useful materials are recycled as a beneficial agricultural product. Harmful materials reduced or eliminated and not released to water bodies.
Biosolids Management Policy Statement
WMARSS pursues biosolids reuse options that:
- protect human health and environmental quality
- are cost effective
- provide flexibility in end use
WMARSS will implement this policy by:
- Following the Code of Good Practice for biosolids developed by the National Biosolids Partnership.
- Periodically evaluating the beneficial reuse options that provide for improved efficiencies and better meet the needs of the community.
- Providing adequate training opportunities to personnel associated with the biosolids management programs.