Yard Waste Services
Yard waste, brush, and bagged leaves are collected separately from garbage. This organic waste is ground down and used as a road base when it rains- instead of depositing in the landfill and wasting valuable resources.
- Green carts, brush, and bagged leaves are collected bi-weekly.
- Pick up alternates with with blue weeks, separately from garbage, to help divert organic material from being deposited into the landfill.
- Grass, smalls sticks and leaves can be placed into the green, 95-gallon cart.
- Up to twenty paper bags can be collected.
- Collections take place beginning 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday - Friday.
- Please do not call before 7 p.m. on your pickup day to report a missed collection.
Brush & Limbs
- Residents are allowed one brush pile pick-up, twice a month, with their green carts.
- One brush pile no larger than 4’x 4’x 4’ will be collected. (Larger piles will not be collected.)
- No limbs larger than 3” in diameter or stumps will be collected.
- Please do not tie your limbs.
- Please do not place your brush over your water meter.
- Brush at curbside should only include brush generated by residents at that address.
- Residents do not need to call to request brush collections.
- Must be placed in paper bags or placed in the green yard waste cart for collections
- No more than 20 paper Bags will be collected at the curb during green weeks.
- Plastic bags will be the responsibility of the resident.
- Paper yard waste bags are available for purchase at retail stores (Lowe's, Home Depot, WalMart).
- Do not put any other trash in the same paper bag.
Other Ecofriendly Options
- Put leaves and clippings in green yard waste carts at your curbside during your green weeks.
- Request delivery of additional green carts.
- Backyard composting – learn about composting at home.
- “Don’t bag it” lawn care during which grass clippings are left on the lawn.
Large Brush Pile Options
- Piles (larger than 4'x4'x4', larger than 3" in diameter, stumps) must be hauled to the landfill.
- Residents are allowed four free trips to the Landfill and four free trips to the Cobbs Recycling Center each calendar year to dispose of brush and bulky waste. (City of Waco utility bill and photo ID with matching address required.)
- Additional curbside collections will occur during Council District Cleanup Days, typically once a year, per district.
- In the event of major storm damage the mayor can declare an emergency and identify additional clean-up days/areas needed. Storm damaged trees can be placed at curbside by residents (not commercial tree companies) at no extra charge during this time.
- Commercial landscaping and tree companies must haul their brush off, not leave it at a resident’s curbside.
- Companies interested in providing brush hauling and/or tree work can submit their information to be included in a list the City provides.
(Note: The City of Waco does not recommend, endorse, pay, or receive anything from vendors listed.)