Residents with curbside trash service are provided, at no charge (upon request):
- up to 2, 95-gallon blue (recycling) carts
- up to 2, green (yard waste) carts
Recycling is also available to commercial & non-profit businesses, even if we do not provide garbage services.
Best Practices for Pick-Up
- All recycling must be in your blue cart, not bagged.
- They should be empty, clean, and dry.
- The lid must be completely closed. (Overstuffed carts will not be picked up.)
- Cardboard left outside the cart will not be picked up (except for the one-time pick up of move-in boxes).
- Collections occur every other week, alternating with green weeks, on your scheduled trash collection day.
- Place cart so handle faces your house, and the metal bar faces the street.
- Place cart at the curb or edge of the street; carts must be 5 feet from obstructions and 3 feet apart.
- Cart must be at the curb by 7 a.m. on your pickup day.
- You may set out your cart after 6 p.m. the night before your pickup day.
- Retrieve the cart from the curb by midnight on your pickup day.
Storage of Carts
- City ordinance requires residents to store carts on the premises within 5 feet of the home and out of view of the public roadway.
Apartments & Multi-Unit Housing Recycling
The Recycling program is provided at no additional cost to apartment complexes and multi-unit housing receiving service from the Solid Waste Services Department. Requests to establish recycling service at apartment complexes and Multi-Unit housing must come from property management.
- Apartment complexes will be provided with a dumpster for recyclables only.
- Recycling dumpster(s) should be placed near existing trash dumpsters for ease of use by tenants (in most cases). This may require the loss of an adjacent parking space or two.
- Each apartment unit will receive an individual recycling basket.
- Tenants can then fill it with recyclables and take to the outside recycling dumpster, just as they do with their garbage.
- Upon request, we will provide educational materials to give each tenant about recycling.
- We will replace up to 20% of the individual baskets per year at no charge. If more are needed, there is a small fee.
Please note: Apartment complexes are prohibited from charging tenants for this service. Complexes may institute a refundable deposit if you have concerns about recycling basket retention.
What to Recycle
- #1 & #2 Plastics
- Mixed paper (newspaper, magazines, junk mail, phone books, etc.)
- Clean Cardboard (No Pizza boxes that contain grease)
- Aluminum, tin, and steel cans
Please do not put any:
- Plastic Bags
- Glass Bottles
- Milk Cartons
- Aluminum Sheets or pie pans
- Textiles (cloths)
Move-in Cardboard Boxes Collection
- A one-time pickup of move-in cardboard boxes is available to residents with a new water bill address.
- Service must be requested by contacting us within two months of establishing a new account and is performed on the next scheduled recycling collection day (blue weeks only).
- Boxes (ten or more) must be flattened, stacked, and placed at curbside by 7 a.m.
- Up to six boxes may be filled with paper wrappings.
- Note: service is not for multi-family residences with dumpster service.
Request a Move-in Cardboard Boxes Collection
- Acceptable Items are the same as Residential Curbside Services(PDF, 11MB)
- Dumpsters & 95-gallon carts are available to commercial & nonprofit businesses for a monthly fee.
- Recycling containers are provided to each account holder. (No shared containers, please.)
- All recyclables must be inside the container, items outside will not be picked up.
- Do not pile recyclables on top or around the container.
- Do not place recyclables on the concrete pad inside the dumpster enclosure.
- Do not place or lean extra recyclables outside the dumpster enclosure or carts.
- Do not block enclosure or place carts near obstructions like vehicles.
- Please break your boxes down flat to allow for more room in the dumpster or cart.
Dumpster Monthly Fee
|Extra Service/Contamination Fee
Carts Monthly Fee
|95-gallon Cart Services
|Extra Service/Contamination Fee
Other Local Reuse & Recycling Services