Repairs & Maintenance
- Asphalt maintenance personnel are responsible for repairing fallen sections of asphalt.
- To repair asphalt sections, the street is cut and the fallen area is removed.
- The area will be re-stabilized by adding a street base and asphalt will be installed in layers until it is brought up to grade level.
- This process can take 1 to 2 days depending on how large the fallen area is.
- Concrete maintenance personal is responsible for street, curb and gutter, and alley maintenance repairs.
- To repair concrete streets, a full cut is made to the depth of the original concrete and removed and rebar is installed.
- Concrete repairs on streets are more time consuming because it can take up to seven days for the concrete to cure.
- Repairs consist of using a rubberized asphalt treatment intended to seal cracks in asphalt to prevent moisture from seeping below to the base and weakening the base.
- This preventive maintenance measure is applied during the summer months.
Storm Inlet Maintenance
- Storm inlets are checked and maintained by the street department.
- Debris collected in these inlets can restrict the outflow and cause a flooding hazard during excessive rainfalls.
- Please do not pour chemicals or blow leaves or yard clippings into inlets.
We need our own information here
Streetlight Outage Reporting Form