Outdoor Events & Parade Permits
The City of Waco is a great place to host outdoor events such as races, parades and festivals. A permit is required for events taking place on, or impacting, city property, parks, streets or rights-of-way.
Please contact the Waco Parks and Recreation office at (254) 750-5980 for any questions.
When Do I Need a Permit?
- More than 150 people on public property.
- More than 50 people on public property, if vending or equipment present.
- Street closures / obstruction of traffic, whether on public or private property.
- First Amendment events that are requesting street closures, city services or exclusive use of public property.
Applications are accepted up to 365 days in advance. Applications must be submitted by the following deadlines:
- 5 days (First Amendment events)
- 45 days (Attendance less than 500)
- 60 days (Attendance 501 to 4,999)
- 180 days (Attendance more than 5,000)
- The $50 processing fee must be submitted with the permit application.
- No later than 15 days before an event, the applicant will receive a cost estimate for city services.
- No later than 10 days before an event, payment of the full cost of real property must be received, along with a security deposit that is equal to one-third of the remainder of the estimated City costs and fees.
- The applicant shall pay any remaining fees owed the City for the event within sixty (60) days after the event ends.
How to Submit an Application
Download and Complete the Outdoor Event Permit Application
The Outdoor Event Permit application must be completed.
Submit Application and Payment for Review
Submit completed application to the Waco Parks and Recreation Office at 201 West Waco Drive, or email application to Cameronw@wacotx.gov. Once an application is submitted, it will be reviewed by the Outdoor Events Committee.
Once an application is reviewed and accepted, it is the event organizer's responsibility to provide all additional documentation requested. These include, but are not limited to:
- Emergency Management Plan
- Security Plan
- Clean-up Plan
- Parking Plan
- Event Insurance
- Park Rental Agreements
- Additional Fees, If Applicable
Pavilion or Facility Rental
For pavilion and facility rentals that do not require a permit:
Applications and Forms
- Permit Application(PDF, 347KB)
- Attendence Affidavit(PDF, 100KB)
- Neighbor Notification Affidavit(PDF, 101KB)
- Neighbor Notfication Sample Letter
- Emergency Action Plan Guide(PDF, 214KB)
- Fire Marshal Tent Permit(PDF, 87KB)
- Fire Marshal Special Assembly Permit(PDF, 37KB) (for events with 500 attendees)
- Temporary Food Permit(PDF, 682KB)
- Rolloff Dumpster Order Form(PDF, 225KB)
- Public Safety Plan Requirements(PDF, 42KB) (Charts for Law Enforcement and Emergency Staff)
- Application for Commercial Filming(PDF, 171KB)
- Guidelines for Filming in Waco(PDF, 171KB)
Traffic Service Fees
Outdoor Events and Parades Ordinance