Waco Transit is always seeking courteous smiling safety conscious professionals to add to our team! Public Transportation is an exciting profession with steady hours and the possibility for advancement.
Waco Transit is currently accepting applications for the positions listed below.
All job postings are updated weekly.
Click here for: Job Application
Waco Transit is an equal opportunity employer.
You may apply for the positions in person at:
301 South 8th Street, Suite 100, Waco, Texas 76701
Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Or fax to: (254) 750.1901 -for additional information, please call (254) 750.1900.
Only applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Please return completed applications to:
301 South 8th Street, Suite 100, Waco, Texas 76701
Waco Transit is seeking a financial analyst to help in the analysis of financial/operational data and to oversee special transit related projects. The position will include the preparation of bi-weekly payroll journals, quarterly payroll reports, including FUTA/SUTA and 401(k) reports. In addition, the applicant will have to be able to review budget accounts for all revenue and expenses to ensure proper application of all federal/state laws and regulations. The applicant will also be required to complete all state grant billings to ensure Waco Transit gets reimbursed for all state related expenditures. The applicant will also be responsible for overseeing the Medicaid billing process to ensure proper reimbursement is received. Finally, the applicant will need to oversee any special transit related projects assigned by management. The candidate must be able to work independently and possess strong initiative to get the job done in a timely manner.
The position requires:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Business, Accounting or other related field
- Previous transportation or planning experience preferred but not required
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, etc.)
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent organization and communication skills
Salary range for this position is $32,000 - $45,900 per year.
Waco Transit provides a full benefit package including health & dental insurance, 401(k) and paid vacation. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit resumes to: Waco Transit 301 S. 8th St., Ste 100 Waco, TX 76701
Salary: $11.00 per hour after training period is completed
Department: Operations Reports to Street Supervisor/Director of Operations Position
Full Time/Part Time Payroll: Hourly
Primary duties are to operate Waco Transit vehicles over an established route to deliver transportation services in a safe and timely manner to the Waco community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Complete training and development classes as provided by the Director/Supervisor.
- Operate a Waco Transit vehicle safely in all types of weather and traffic conditions.
- Operate a Waco Transit safely in accordance to the printed schedules.
- Interact effectively with the general public under varying circumstances.
- Must be able to adhere to tight time schedules under varying conditions and still operate bus in a safe manner.
- Comply with federal mandates as they relate to assisting boarding and departing passengers with disabilities.
- Comply with CFR Title 49 (Subtitle A, Section 37.167) which states that operators wilI, "announce at least transfer points along fixed routes, other major intersections and destination points, and intervals along a route sufficient to permit individuals with visual impairments or other disabilities to be oriented to there locations.
- Perform pre-trip and post trip inspections of assigned vehicle.
- Although employees are not allowed to handle money given by passengers, they do need to address the customer if the proper amount of money is not put in the till. If issues occur concerning fares, the employee will contact the Street Supervisor.
- Consistent attendance is a requirement for the position. If an operator is one minute late for duty, it is considered a failure. Four failures is an automatic termination. (See policy manual.)
- Count passengers and record the number on trip sheets.
- Interact with all Waco Transit passengers in a professional and courteous manner.
- Be a professional representative of Waco Transit and it's management.
- Some outside work hours may be required for special events or training.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have a copy of a High school diploma or a GED
- Must under go a DOT physical examination and must have a negative drug screen.
- Once employed as an operator, the employee must submit to and pass random drug and alcohol testing,
- Must have a perfect driving record for two (2) years. May not have any DWI's (unless Approved by senior management).
- Must be able to communicate in English with passengers.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Level 3: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Level 3: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety roles, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedural manuals. Ability to write route reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Level 2: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Level 3: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSE, REGISTRATIONS
Must maintain a Class B Commercial Driver's License with appropriate endorsements.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job~ Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift und/or move between 50 to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to assorted fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals; and exposure to vibrations. They may be exposed to outside weather conditions including wet and/or humid conditions, extreme cold or extreme heat.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but can on occasion be loud.