Cobbs Citizen Convenience Center
(also known as Cobbs Recycling Center)
2021 N. 44th Street
(between Cobbs Drive and Trice Avenue)
View Larger Map
Tuesday – Saturday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Phone number: (254) 751-8536
Cobbs is a convenient drop-off location for many recycling services. Most of these services are available at no charge and with no proof of residency requirement. Some services, however, are limited to City of Waco residents only, with the proof of residency listed below.
Cobbs Citizen Convenience Center is operated by Solid Waste Services user fees, not tax monies. While Cobbs is intended for residential customers, a small amount of commercial recycling may be accepted depending on current capacity. Call 751-8536 for current information.
A current City of Waco Water Utilities bill which has “Residental Refuse Services” detailed on it, and a current driver’s license with the address matching the address on the bill. Bills from other utilities (for example, electric, gas, or telephone) are not accepted.
(Except as noted)
Cobbs can accept:
Paper (staples and envelopes with windows are ok)
- Advertising circulars and junk mail
- Paperboard packaging (please remove liners from cereal boxes)
- Cardboard boxes (please break them down so that they fit in the cart )
- Newspaper (all sections)
- Magazines and catalogs
- Phone books
- Office paper and school work
- Carbonless paper
PLEASE NO: Binder clips or pizza boxes.
Metals (must be clean)
- Aluminum cans (don’t flatten)
- Aluminum baking tins
- Steel (tin) food cans and lids
PLEASE NO: Aluminum foil
Plastics (must be clean, all colors accepted)
- #1 through #7 plastic containers
- #1 through #7 plastic food trays, tubs and bowls
PLEASE NO: Styrofoam or plastic bags
- Glass Containers - clear, brown, green and blue
Separating the various materials helps us serve you better!
We also accept:
- Batteries, all types
- E-waste – computers and computer peripherals and other consumer electronics.
(Note: Proof of residency is required for monitors; there is a $5 charge.)
In addition to these items, we can accept the following with the proof of residency mentioned above:
- Motor Oil – up to 5 gallons per month;
- Antifreeze – up to 5 gallons per month;
- Motor Oil Filters
- Water-based Latex Paint – up to 5 gallons per month.
(Paint must be in a useable state, in rust-proof cans with readable labels.)
- Refrigerators and refrigerant-containing appliances
(Must have a tag from a certified technician showing that the refrigerant has been appropriately removed. We can remove the refrigerant for a $15.00 fee.)
Must be 32” (diagonal screen size) or less. No flat-screen or home-theatre type televisions. There is a fee of $15.00 for television disposal; $20 for large console (furniture type) televisions.
Bulky Waste & Brush:
Cobbs also serves as a Citizens Convenience Center and accepts brush and bulky waste from City of Waco residents. Proof of residency is required. Please note: Bulky Waste is not recycled! It goes directly to the Landfill. Please consider donating usable items to a local charitable organization. Brush, on the other hand, is recycled. It is mulched and made available free of charge to the public. To learn more, contact the Landfill at (254) 299-2620.
The following guidelines apply to brush and bulky waste drop-offs:
- Two drop-offs per bill are permitted. A pickup with a full bed towing a trailer counts as two loads.
- You may bring two loads to Cobbs or to the Landfill, or one each to each location.
- Trailer loads must be no longer than 12 feet, and no taller than 4 feet.
- State law requires that loose loads must be tarped.
- Because of liability concerns, we cannot help unload. Please bring helpers with you if you think you will need them.
We cannot accept tires, construction materials (such as drywall, concrete, bricks or asphalt shingles), household chemicals, compressed cylinders, or household garbage.
Don’t see what you’d like to recycle or dispose of listed here? Please give us a call – we may be able to accept it or offer suggestions on its disposal.
Other disposal options available here. (Link to Household Hazardous Waste page).