Phone: (254) 750-5740
24-Hour Jobline: (254) 750-5743
Fax: (254) 750-5737
Instructions for completing an application for employment with the City of Waco:
PLEASE READ FIRST: Thank you for your interest in employment with the City of Waco. Before completing your application, read the instructions below and take note of the conditions for employment listed under the instructions.
- New vacancies will remain open for a minimum of five (5) business days and a maximum of 30 days. Check the website for the closing date of the job for which you are applying.
- Each position listed in our job openings includes minimum qualifications. Applicants not meeting the minimum qualifications listed for a position will not be considered for employment.
- Applications for employment are not accepted for positions that are not currently posted.
- Each job posting includes a job title, the hiring supervisor's name, and a four-digit requisition number. Please copy this information in the appropriate blanks on the application. Answer all questions completely and accurately. If a question does not apply to you, please mark it "NA." Incomplete applications will not be considered. All answers are subject to verification.
- If you are applying for more than one position at the same time, leave the position for which you are applying, requisition number, and supervisor name blank until copies are made for each position.
- A resume may be submitted along with an application, but not in lieu of one. If a resume is attached, all questions on the application must still be answered completely. Do not use the comment "See Resume" on the application. Copies of other job related documents such as certificates, diplomas, or letters of recommendation may also be attached.
- Please type or write legibly in black or blue ink.
Conditions of Employment:
- It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that the City of Waco Human Resources Department receives the application(s) for employment.
- Some positions require assessment testing. Minimum testing requirements must be achieved for the application to be considered for employment PRIOR to the closing date. Applications will only be considered if specific testing requirements, experience, and educational requirements are achieved.
- All college education requires verification through a certified transcript. Please be prepared to provide the certified transcript at the time of the initial interview.
- Applications for employment are reviewed by the hiring supervisor(s). Unsuccessful applicants are not notified when a position is filled due to the high number of applications.
- Any applicant who receives a contingent job offer will be required to complete a pre-employment physical, which includes a drug screen.
- Applicants who have been convicted of a felony in the last five years; or a misdemeanor in the last three years; or who are currently on probation, deferred adjudication, or parole will not be considered for employment. For Felony convictions occurring more than 5 years ago and misdemeanors occurring more than 3 years ago, and individualized assessment will be conducted in order to determine job fitness for risk sensitive job types, such as those responsible for financial transactions, handling confidential information, and working with vulnerable populations. Applicants who have a Sex Offender conviction will not be considered for employment by the City of Waco. Finalists for any position are subject to a background investigation.
How to Apply:
For a Job Application that can be completed and e-mailed, click here: Job Application Form
(Mac users: If you are filling out the application with the default 'Preview' program on your Mac computer, the information sometimes does not come through. Please check to make sure you fill out the application in the current version of Adobe Reader to ensure we receive it.)
- Complete application by typing in all required information and saving to your computer.
- Complete an application for each position you are applying for.
- E-mail your completed application(s) by pressing the submit button or print and mail.
- A resume may also be attached to the e-mail with your application(s), but not submitted in lieu of an application.
In addition to submitting your completed application(s) by e-mail, you can also print out the application, complete (typed or handwritten) and deliver, mail or fax to: