To improve living conditions for lower income homeowners through either the rehabilitation of their existing home or building a new home if repair is infeasible.
- A partially forgivable loan (up to $80.00 per square foot plus closing costs for pre-approved house plans) for the construction of a new owner-occupied home in place of an existing structure deemed infeasible for repair
- Zero-percent interest on the repayment portion of the loan
- Borrowers must meet income criteria (80% or below median income)
- Property insurance and taxes must be current
- Borrower cannot own any other income-producing real estate
- Borrower must qualify for the mortgage, taxes and insurance
- A structure is determined feasible for rehabilitation if the rehab costs do not represent more than the after-rehab value of the home or exceed $24,999.
- Structures not feasible for rehab will be considered for reconstruction
More terms may apply to this program. For more information, please contact us at 750-5656. Contractors interested in building single, one family home’s for the City’s reconstruct program should contact Marcus Davilla at 254.750.5629 or email him at email@example.com.
City of Waco
80 percent of the Median
2014 Income Criteria
|Family of 1||$28,950|
|Family of 2||$33,100|
|Family of 3||$37,250|
|Family of 4||$41,350|
|Family of 5||$44,700|
|Family of 6||$48,000|
|Family of 7||$51,300|
|Family of 8||$54,600|