May 5, 2018 General Election
The next City of Waco joint general election will be held on May 5, 2018. Council Members are elected for a two-year term. For more information contact the City Secretary's Office at 750-5750 or come by the office on the 1st floor of City Hall, 300 Austin Avenue, Waco, Texas 76701.
May 5, 2018 Joint General Election Early Voting Inforamtion
The dates and times of Early Voting are:
(Los días y horas de votación adelantada son:)
Monday April 23, 2018 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM (lunes) (23 de abril de 2018)
Tuesday April 24, 2018 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM (martes) (24 de abril de 2018)
Wednesday April 25, 2018 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM (miércoles) (25 de abril de 2018)
Thursday April 26, 2018 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM (jueves) (26 de abril de 2018)
Friday April 27, 2018 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM (viernes) (27 de abril de 2018)
Saturday April 28, 2018 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM (sabado) (28 de abril 2018)
Early Voting by personal appearance will be conducted at:
(La votación adelantada en persona se llevará a cabo todos los días en:)
Early Voting Sites:
(Lugares de votación adelantada)
McLennan County Elections Administration Office
214 North Fourth Street, Suite 300
Waco, Texas 76701
Bellmead City Hall
3015 Bellmead Drive
Bellmead, TX 76705
First Assembly of God Church
6701 Bosque Blvd.
Waco, Texas 76710
Waco Multi-Purpose Community Center
1020 Elm St.
Waco, TX 76704
Election Public Notices
Standard Eligibility Requirements for Public Office
Election Code Sec. 141.001(a)
- Be a United States Citizen.
- Be 18 years of age or older on the first day of the term to be filled at the election.
- Have not been determined mentally incompetent by a final judgment of a court.
- Have not been finally convicted of a felony from which the person has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities.
- Have resided continuously in the state for 12 months and in the territory, as applicable, for six months immediately preceding the deadline for filing an application for a place on the ballot.
- Candidate must satisfy any other eligibility requirements prescribed by law for this office.
City of Waco Home Rule Charter Requirements
- Citizen of United States.
- 21 years of age
- Qualified voter of the State and City for 12 months immediately preceding the date of election.
- If elected from a district, must be a resident of the district for six months preceding the date of election.
- Candidate will file application with City Secretary designating office sought and sworn statement by the candidate that they are fully qualified under the Laws of the State of Texas and the provisions of the Charter.
- Election Code Sec. 11.001 and 11.002 A person meets the age requirement for voting on the day before his 18th birthday [Sec. 1.016]
- 18 years of age or older on the day of the election.
- Citizen of the United States.
- Not disqualified as mentally incompetent.
- Not disqualified as a convicted felon [Discharge papers issued by pardons & paroles division].
- Resident of the state on the day of the election.
- A registered voter on the day of the election.
Registered voter who meets all other requirements for voting. A registration becomes effective on the 30th day after the day the application is submitted to the registrar or on the date the applicant becomes 18 years old, whichever is later. [Sec. 13.143]
Eligibility to Vote
Election Code Sec. 11.001
- Be a qualified voter as defined above.
- Be a resident of the territory covered by the election for the office on which the person desires to vote.
- Satisfy all other requirements for voting prescribed by law for particular election.