May 10, 2014 General Election
The General Election for the City of Waco and the Waco Independent School District will be held on Saturday, May 10, 2014. The first day to file for a place on the City of Waco ballot is Wednesday, January 29, 2014. The last day to file for a place on the ballot is Friday, February 28, 2014.
Positions on the ballot include:
City of Waco: Mayor At-large, Council District I, and Council District III
Voter registration applications are available at the City Secretary’s Office in City Hall, the Waco McLennan County Libraries, the Department of Public Safety or the McLennan County Elections Office in the County Records Building.
Las elecciones generales de la Ciudad de Waco y el Distrito Escolar Independiente de Waco (WISD) serán el sábado, 10 de mayo, 2014. El primer día para solicitar una posición en la boleta electoral de la Ciudad de Waco es el miércoles, 29 de enero, 2014. El ultimo día para solicitar un lugar en la boleta electoral es el viernes, 28 de febrero, 2014.
Las posiciones disponibles son para:
Ciudad de Waco: alcalde en general, Concejal de Distrito I, y Concejal de Distrito III
Las solicitudes para registro de votantes están disponibles en la Oficina de la Secretaria de la Ciudad (City Hall), las bibliotecas de Waco-Condado de McLennan, el Departamento de Seguridad Pública, o la Oficina de Elecciones del Condado de McLennan en el Edificio de Registros del Condado.
Para más información sobre el día de las votaciones tempranas y los lugares de las casillas de votación de las Elecciones Generales del 10 de mayo del 2014.
Updated City of Waco District Maps:
Standard Eligibility Requirements for Public Office
Election Code Sec. 141.001(a)
- Be a United States Citizen
- Be 18 years of age or older on the first day of the term to be filled at the election
- Have not been determined mentally incompetent by a final judgment of a court
- Have not been finally convicted of a felony from which the person has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities
- Have resided continuously in the state for 12 months and in the territory, as applicable, for six months immediately preceding the deadline for filing an application for a place on the ballot
- Candidate must satisfy any other eligibility requirements prescribed by law for this office
City of Waco Home Rule Charter Requirements
- Citizen of United States
- 21 years of age
- Qualified voter of the State and City for 12 months immediately preceding the date of election
- If elected from a district, must be a resident of the district for six months preceding the date of election
- Candidate will file application with City Secretary designating office sought and sworn statement by the candidate that they are fully qualified under the Laws of the State of Texas and the provisions of the Charter
- Election Code Sec. 11.001 and 11.002 A person meets the age requirement for voting on the day before his 18th birthday [Sec. 1.016]
- 18 years of age or older on the day of the election
- Citizen of the United States
- Not disqualified as mentally incompetent
- Not disqualified as a convicted felon [Discharge papers issued by pardons & paroles division]
- Resident of the state on the day of the election
- A registered voter on the day of the election
Registered voter who meets all other requirements for voting. A registration becomes effective on the 30th day after the day the application is submitted to the registrar or on the date the applicant becomes 18 years old, whichever is later. [Sec. 13.143]
Eligibility to Vote
Election Code Sec. 11.001
- Be a qualified voter as defined above
- Be a resident of the territory covered by the election for the office on which the person desires to vote
- Satisfy all other requirements for voting prescribed by law for particular election.