Utilities Operations Supervisor — Full Time — Water Utilities-WMARSS
Hiring Salary: $1,374.71-$2,454.52/Bi-wkly
REQ #: 9114 — 1 Position(s)
Posted Date: 4/1/2014 Reposted Date: 9/12/2014 Closing Date: 9/26/2014
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm. Work hours may vary as needed.
The City of Waco's Water Utilities Services Department is seeking an experienced wastewater professional as an Operations Supervisor for its wastewater treatment facilities. Operating as the Waco Metropolitan Area Regional Sewerage System or WMARSS, the Central Wastewater Treatment Plant and recently completed Bull Hide Wastewater Treatment Facility treat wastewater from seven municipalities in the Waco area. Reporting to the Program Administrator, the Operations Supervisor will:
1. Supervise operations and staff at two wastewater treatment plants.
2. Ensure compliance with current regulatory operational and reporting requirements.
3. Recommend process and facility improvements.
4. Develop and improve Standard Operating Procedures.
5. Participate in ongoing staff training.
6. Lead staff in fulfilling the Best Management Practices within the National Biosolids Partnership, including training, reporting, and continual improvement.
The incumbent must follow City and departmental policies and procedures. Although the majority of work will occur in a climate controlled indoor environment, the successful candidate must be able to work in adverse weather conditions and may be exposed to dust, loud noises, fumes and odors, wetness/humidity, darkness or poor lighting, and mechanical, chemical, electrical and fire hazards.
Driver’s License: Valid Class C Texas DL
Education: An Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree is desirable, but not required. Extensive knowledge of OSHA rules for confined space entry, plant maintenance practices are required.
Experience: Five years of previous work experience in a related setting with a minimum of three years previous work experience in a 24-hour treatment plant is required.
Certifications: Class B Waste Water License is required. Class A Wastewater license is desired.
Testing: No testing required.
Physical Demands: Medium
Return to Job List