Police Records Representative — Full Time — Police Records
Hiring Salary: $13.81 to $15.96
REQ #: 10376 — 1 Position(s)
Posted Date: 10/3/2017 Reposted Date: 12/1/2017 Closing Date: 12/15/2017
Hours: 7:00 am – 5:00 pm, rotating days; Mandatory overtime required.
PRIMARY DUTY: Under basic supervision, processes Waco Police Department (WPD) report requests, enters data into secure computer databases, performs research and provides information within scope of authority.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions, but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Performs basic clerical duties in accordance with WPD policy and procedures, including data entry, record keeping and preparing and processing documents; duties may vary according to job assignment.
• Transcribes and processes Officer reports, processes information requests and maintains files and database records; assists customers with payments, reports, applications and technical documents.
• Processes a variety of public records and requests; answers inquiries and explains policies and procedures; provides information and assistance within scope of authority;
• Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information; performs other duties as required or assigned.
• City policies and procedures.
• Policies, rules and regulations governing the management and safety of police records.
• Principles and practices of confidential records management and file maintenance.
• Explaining laws and regulations and following verbal and written instructions and procedures.
• Dealing tactfully and courteously with the public.
• Operating a personal computer utilizing standard and specialized software and entering information with speed and accuracy.
• Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION
Applicants must submit a completed City of Waco application in order to be considered for this position. Resumes may be attached to the completed application, but not in lieu of one. If a resume is attached, all questions on the application must still be answered completely and accurately. If a question does not apply to you, please mark it "NA" Do not leave it blank. Incomplete applications will not be considered. To verify prior military experience, please include a copy of your DD-214 (Member 4) with your application. All answers are subject to verification. Applications are available online at the City's website, Click Here for the NEW City of Waco Job Application, or at the City of Waco Human Resources Department located at 300 Austin Avenue. Applications may be submitted by e-mail as an attachment to email@example.com, fax to 254-750-5737 or by mail to City of Waco, Human Resources Department, PO BOX 2570, Waco, TX 76702. EOE
Qualifiers to apply: Must not be currently under indictment for any criminal offense. Never been convicted of any offense above the grade of a Class B Misdemeanor or a Class B Misdemeanor within the last ten years. Never been convicted of any family violence offense. Has not had a dishonorable or bad conduct discharge from any military service.
Driver's License: Must possess a valid Texas Driver's License
Education: High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required
Experience: Three years previous work experience in a related setting is required
Certifications: Specific technical training and certifications are required, including training for access to National/Texas Crime Information Centers (NCIC/TCIC) within 6 months of service; depending on the needs of the City, additional licenses and certifications may be required.
Testing: Typing test with minimum score of 40 wpm and Office Grammar & Spelling with minimum score of 70%.
Physical demands: Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Environmental factors: Exposed to communicable diseases daily. Work is performed primarily in an office setting or well-lit, temperature-controlled working environment.
Return to Job List >>