Recreational Aide - Seasonal — Full Time — Parks & Recreation - South Waco
Hiring Salary: $9.74 - $12.14 per hour
REQ #: 10374 — 1 Position(s)
Posted Date: 10/4/2017 Reposted Date: Closing Date: 10/19/2017
Hours: Hours will vary
PRIMARY DUTY: Under close supervision, assists in the delivery of City recreation programs and events.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions, but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Provides and promotes recreation activities and events for City residents; sets up recreation sites and facilities for events and scheduled programs; maintains equipment and facilities in clean and safe condition; duties may vary according to job assignment.
• Organizes recreation activities, supervises program participants and enforces rules, regulations and safety precautions at indoor and outdoor facilities; maintains discipline, monitors behavior and resolves issues.
• Develops promotional media for events and special programs; tutors youth and assists with schoolwork.
• Reports and resolves complaints, requests, safety conditions, security issues and illegal activities.
• Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information; performs other duties as required or assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• City policies and procedures.
• Policies, rules and regulations governing the conduct and safety of public recreation programs.
• Interacting with people of different social, economic and ethnic backgrounds.
• Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with co-workers and general public.
• Promoting and enforcing safe work practices.
• Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION
Applicants must submit a completed City of Waco application in order to be considered for this position. Resumes may be attached to the completed application, but not in lieu of one. If a resume is attached, all questions on the application must still be answered completely and accurately. If a question does not apply to you, please mark it "NA" Do not leave it blank. Incomplete applications will not be considered. To verify prior military experience, please include a copy of your DD-214 (Member 4) with your application. All answers are subject to verification. Applications are available online at the City's website, Click Here for the NEW City of Waco Job Application, or at the City of Waco Human Resources Department located at 300 Austin Avenue. Applications may be submitted by e-mail as an attachment to email@example.com, fax to 254-750-5737 or by mail to City of Waco, Human Resources Department, PO BOX 2570, Waco, TX 76702. EOE
EDUCATION: High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
EXPERIENCE: Experience working with children desired. Spanish bilingual desired.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS: A valid Texas Driver's License is required. CPR / First Aide certification desired. Food Handlers certification desired. Depending on the needs of the City, specific technical training and certifications may be required for some incumbents.
PHYSICAL DEMAND: Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS: Primarily works in a climate controlled office environment. Occasionally work outdoors in the heat, sun, high humidity, and wind. Some individuals are exposed to loud noises from crowds.
Return to Job List >>