Registered Nurse Supervisor — Full Time — Public Health
Hiring Salary: $51,608.75 to $64,024.22 Annually, FLSA Exempt
REQ #: 10341 — 1 Position(s)
Posted Date: 9/18/2017 Reposted Date: Closing Date: 10/30/2017
Hours: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Hours may include evenings and weekends as necessary.
PRIMARY DUTY: Under basic supervision, provides patient care, supervises designated staff for the Public Health District (PHD); assures the services provided meet the program requirements.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions, but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Provides direct patient care for clinic and out-patients; assesses patients' conditions and behavior; reviews patients’ records and records nursing notes on patient chart; performs a variety of medical tests and patient care treatments; provides medical case management according to specific program and physician guidelines; manages inventory of supplies and equipment; compiles data and develops summary and status reports; duties may vary according to job assignment.
• Supervises staff, assigns duties, monitors operations and reviews the work of assigned staff to assure the efficient and timely accomplishment of assigned duties and responsibilities.
• Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information; performs other duties as required or assigned.
• May be required to respond afterhours, including holidays and weekends, in the event of a departmental or City wide emergency.
• Driving is essential.
• City policies and procedures and grant regulations.
• Modern nursing principles, techniques and procedures for the care of patients.
• Medical terminology, anatomy, physiology and concepts of disease.
• State and federal public health protocols and regulatory standards.
• Performing nursing assessments and monitoring health conditions of patients
• Monitoring and controlling the confidentiality of Public Health files and reports.
• Utilizing standard personal computer software programs and specialized state and County software.
• Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION
Applicants must submit a completed City of Waco application in order to be considered for this position. Resumes may be attached to the completed application, but not in lieu of one. If a resume is attached, all questions on the application must still be answered completely and accurately. If a question does not apply to you, please mark it "NA" Do not leave it blank. Incomplete applications will not be considered. To verify prior military experience, please include a copy of your DD-214 (Member 4) with your application. All answers are subject to verification. Applications are available online at the City's website, Click Here for the NEW City of Waco Job Application, or at the City of Waco Human Resources Department located at 300 Austin Avenue. Applications may be submitted by e-mail as an attachment to email@example.com, fax to 254-750-5737 or by mail to City of Waco, Human Resources Department, PO BOX 2570, Waco, TX 76702. EOE
Associates Degree in Nursing with five years nursing experiences or a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing required and 2 years nursing experience; including supervisory experience required; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience. Public Health experience is preferred.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION:
• Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s license.
• Professional registration as Registered Nurse by the Texas Board of Nursing is required; additional technical certifications in public health are preferred and may be required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical requirements: Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
Environmental Conditions: Work is performed primarily in an office setting or well-lit and temperature-controlled working environment; with some travel from site to site.
The worker is subject to hazards including a variety of physical conditions, such as exposure to exposure to blood borne pathogens or exposure to chemicals.
Return to Job List >>