Permit Technician — Full Time — Inspection Services
Hiring Salary: $13.81 - $17.94 per hour
REQ #: 10352 — 1 Position(s)
Posted Date: 9/11/2017 Reposted Date: 10/11/2017 Closing Date: 10/27/2017
Hours: 8:00am – 5:00pm; Monday - Friday
PRIMARY DUTY: Under basic supervision, provides customer services for internal and external customers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions, but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Assists internal and external customers with a variety of Building Safety Department permit issues; performs duties within scope of authority and training and in compliance with City policies.
• Responds to permit and inspection questions from customers; maintains account records and processes payments and technical documents.
• Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and professional behavior when interacting with contractors, citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information; performs other duties as required or assigned.
• Driving is essential.
• City policies and procedures.
• Basic principles of bookkeeping, record keeping and records management.
• Business and personal computers and accounting software applications.
• Entering numerical and operational data into a computer system with skill and accuracy.
• Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with co-workers.
• Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION
Applicants must submit a completed City of Waco application in order to be considered for this position. Resumes may be attached to the completed application, but not in lieu of one. If a resume is attached, all questions on the application must still be answered completely and accurately. If a question does not apply to you, please mark it "NA" Do not leave it blank. Incomplete applications will not be considered. To verify prior military experience, please include a copy of your DD-214 (Member 4) with your application. All answers are subject to verification. Applications are available online at the City's website, Click Here for the NEW City of Waco Job Application, or at the City of Waco Human Resources Department located at 300 Austin Avenue. Applications may be submitted by e-mail as an attachment to email@example.com, fax to 254-750-5737 or by mail to City of Waco, Human Resources Department, PO BOX 2570, Waco, TX 76702. EOE
High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required; AND one year of customer service experience; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience. Bi-lingual desired.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION:
• A valid Texas driver’s license is preferred.
Testing: Typing with a passing score of 40wpm; Customer Service with a passing score of 70%; Telephone Etiquette with a passing score of 70%.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
Environmental factors: Work is performed primarily in an office setting or well-lit, temperature-controlled working environment.
Return to Job List >>