Disposing of Computers & Accessories
Computers can be properly disposed of using two methods: reuse or recycling. If your device is in working order, the best choice is to reuse it by donating or selling it to a person or organization. Before you donate an electronic device, wipe out your personal information to prevent identity theft.
In the Waco area, outlets that are currently accepting computers and monitors are:
For a comprehensive list of all locations, visit earth911.com
- Best Buy accepts items in working and non-working condition.
- Three items per household per day.
- Nearly everything electronic, including tube TVs and monitors up to 32", flat-panel TVs and monitors up to 60", peripherals, DVD players, home and car audio, cell phones, MP3 players, and cables, Desktop or laptop computers, Small electrics, fans and vacuums.
- Best Buy has a trade in program for items that they sell, no matter where you bought it.
- To find out if Best Buy will accept you item or if you can trade it in, please call the store.
- Donations are accepted at all Waco Goodwill store locations.
- Accepts computers of all types, laptops, monitors, computer peripherals, cables and more. For more information about Goodwill's computer recycling program, please visit wacocomputerworks.org.
- Goodwill recommends that you remove all data from a computer hard drive before donating a computer, with the exception of the operating system.
- A donor is responsible for all confidential data that may be stored on a donated computer(s) or on any other storage devices donated. The donor bears the sole responsibility for removing or securing such data or for transferring it to a medium under your continuing control.
2021 N. 44th Street
(between Cobbs Dr & Trice Ave)
Tuesday – Saturday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Phone number: (254) 751-8536
- Accepts computers and computer peripherals and other consumer electronics.
- Proof of residency is required for monitors.
- Call (254) 751-8536 with questions.