Yard Waste Carts (Green)
Yard waste (green) carts are serviced the same day as your trash pick-up (but by a different truck). The blue (recycling) and green (yard waste) carts are collected every other week, on alternating weeks.
- Residents will be provided, at their request, one 95 gallon blue (recycling) and/or green (yard waste) cart at no extra charge.
- You can trade in your smaller blue or green cart for a larger cart at the Cobbs Recycling Center or the administrative offices at 501 Schroeder Drive.
A calendar with the blue (recycling) and green (yard waste) weeks as well as collection schedule changes due to holidays can be found here. A guide to using your yard waste cart can be found here. When using your green yard waste cart, please remember to place only loose (unbagged) yard materials within it, put it out at the curb by 7 a.m., and place it at least 3 feet away from obstructions such as mailboxes and parked cars. Bulky and brush pick-up is available on request. Please call Customer Service at (254) 299-2612 with questions or requests. Para informacion en Espanol – (254) 299-2612.
Yard Waste (Brush)
Cobbs Recycling Center is at 2021 N.44th Street, between Cobbs Dr. and Trice Ave.
Its hours are: Open Tuesday – Saturday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Closed Sunday and Monday
The Center accepts brush from residents only. The following guidelines apply to brush drop-offs:
- Two drop-offs per month are permitted.
- Trailer loads must be no longer than 12 feet, and no taller than 4 feet.
- State law requires that loose loads must be tarped.
- Because of liability concerns, we cannot help unload. Please bring helpers with you if you think you will need them.
Cobbs Convenience Center cannot accept construction materials (such as drywall, concrete, bricks or asphalt shingles), household chemicals, compressed cylinders, or household garbage.