Yard waste (green) carts are serviced the same day as your trash pick-up (but by a different truck). The blue (recycling) and green (yard waste) carts are collected every other week, on alternating weeks.
A calendar with the blue (recycling) and green (yard waste) weeks as well as collection schedule changes due to holidays can be found here. A guide to using your yard waste cart can be found here. When using your green yard waste cart, please remember to place only loose (unbagged) yard materials within it, put it out at the curb by 7 a.m., and place it at least 3 feet away from obstructions such as mailboxes and parked cars. Bulky and brush pick-up is available on request. Please call Customer Service at (254) 299-2612 with questions or requests. Para informacion en Espanol – (254) 299-2612.
Cobbs Recycling Center is at 2021 N.44th Street, between Cobbs Dr. and Trice Ave.
Its hours are Tuesday – Saturday 8:00 AM until 5:00 PM
Closed Sunday and Monday; (254) 751-8536
The Center accepts brush from Waco residents only. The following guidelines apply to brush drop-offs:
• Two drop-offs are permitted per month. Trailers of any size are accepted. Trailers over 14’ in length are counted as two loads.
• Proof of Waco residency is required. A Waco water utility bill with residential garbage service and a driver's license with a matching address is required. No photo copies will be accepted. Addresses must match.
• State law requires that loose loads must be tarped.
• Because of liability concerns, we cannot help unload. Please bring helpers with you if you think you will need them.
• The Center cannot accept construction materials (such as drywall, concrete, bricks or asphalt shingles), household chemicals, or compressed cylinders.
You can also call Solid Waste Services Customer Service at (254) 299-2612 Monday through Friday, 7:00 AM until 5:00 PM to ask a question.
• Please call Solid Waste Customer Service at (254) 299-2612 to request collection of a pile greater than 5’x 4’x4’. This applies to bulky waste and brush piles.
• Examples of bulky waste include furniture, mattresses, limited amounts of remodeling debris, appliances that do NOT contain Freon.
• Bulky waste only includes materials generated by residents.
Small brush piles with limbs no longer than 5 feet will be collected at curbside during green yard waste cart collection weeks. Larger brush piles will be collected with a brush truck on a call-in, work order basis. Please call (254) 299-2612.
To arrange collection of materials generated by commercial sources such as contractors and businesses, from tenant evictions, or vacant lots, please call (254) 299-2612. There will be a fee.