Residents with residential trash service must use a wheeled 90, 65 or 30-gallon cart provided by the city for household trash. If you need a different sized cart call (254)299-2612. Or request delivery of a grey, blue or green cart by completing this form. A second cart is available for an additional $4 per month.
Curbside brush collection is provided at the resident's request:
• Residential Solid Waste Services include the pickup of one 5'x 4'x 4' (maximum) brush waste pile which was generated by residents for no extra charge.
• Please call Solid Waste Customer Service at (254) 299-2612 to request brush pile collection. Charges apply to larger piles.
• Branches should be cut to no longer than 5 feet long.
• To arrange for collection of materials generated by commercial sources (i.e., contractors and businesses), from tenant evictions, or vacant lots, please call (254) 299-2612. Collection of those materials is only done for a fee.
Yard waste (green) carts are serviced the same day as your trash pick-up (but by a different truck). The blue (recycling) and green (yard waste) carts will be collected every other week, on alternating weeks.
A calendar with the blue (recycling) and green (yard waste) weeks as well as collection schedule changes due to holidays can be found here.
When using your green yard waste cart, please remember to place only loose (unbagged) materials within it, put it out at the curb by 7 a.m., and place it at least 3 feet away from obstructions such as mailboxes and parked cars. A green cart guide can be found here.
Residential Solid Waste Service includes the collection of one 5'x 4'x 4' (maximum) bulky waste pile. (That is about the size of a pick-up truck load.)
*Additional fees may apply to larger piles. To request bulky waste collection, please call (254) 299-2612.
Waste generated by residents is serviced by Solid Waste. Residents is defined as those who occupy a home and pay for solid waste services via a water bill.
Waste that is generated by commercial sources (i.e., contractors and businesses) from tenant evictions, or are on vacant lots, will be subject to additional fees. For more information or to arrange for collection, please call (254)299-2612.
Appliances with refrigerant (Freon), such as refrigerators and air conditioners, left at the curb must have the refrigerant removed by a certified technician and be tagged as such before being placed curbside for pickup. Appliances without certified removal tags will not be picked up.
Residents can also take bulky waste and appliances to the Cobbs Citizens' Convenience Center for disposal. Residents are allowed a maximum of two visits per month with proof of residency.
Residents must provide proof of City residency by presenting their current City of Waco water utility bill (showing residential garbage service) and driver’s license with a matching address. No photo copies or delinquent bills will be accepted. Refrigerators and other appliances with refrigerant must have a label or tag indicating that the refrigerant has been removed by a certified technician. If the tag is not present, there is a fee for removal of the refrigerant.
Waco residents may self-haul to the landfill twice per month and dispose of up to 2,000 pounds free of charge. For more information please call (254) 299-2620.
• Residents must provide proof of Waco residency by presenting their current City of Waco water utility bill (showing residential garbage service) and driver’s license with a matching address. No photo copies or delinquent bills will be accepted.
• Amounts in excess of 2,000 pounds and/or after the second trip in a month, may be disposed of based on the standard disposal fee. Payment must be made at the time of disposal.
• All loads that are not secured and/or covered will incur a $15 fee.
Waco Solid Waste Services collects and removes dead animals on City streets, rights-of-way, or on private property after it has been placed on or near the curb in a securely tied plastic bag. We request that dead animals be double-bagged for sanitation. There may be some exceptions for large animals.
All requests for collection will be addressed 7 a.m. until 5 p.m. Monday-Friday. There may be a charge for collection.
If an animal carcass is blocking traffic or poses a traffic hazard after working hours or on the weekend (during hours other than 7 a.m. until 5 p.m. on Monday through Friday), please contact the Waco Police Department at (254) 750-7500.