Yard waste (green) carts are serviced the same day as your trash pick-up (but by a different truck). The blue (recycling) and green (yard waste) carts will be collected every other week, on alternating weeks.
- Residents with Waco trash service will be provided, at their request, 95 gallon blue (recycling) and/or green (yard waste) carts at no extra charge.
- You can trade a smaller blue or green cart for a larger cart at the Cobbs Recycling Center or the Operations Center at 501 Schroeder Drive.
A calendar with the blue (recycling) and green (yard waste) weeks as well as collection schedule changes due to holidays can be found here.
When using your green yard waste cart, please remember to place only loose (unbagged) materials within it, put it out at the curb by 7 a.m., and place it at least 3 feet away from obstructions such as mailboxes and parked cars.
Call Customer Service at (254)299-2612 for more information.
Bulky Waste Collection
Residential Solid Waste Service includes the collection of one 5'x 4'x 4' (maximum) bulky waste pile. That is about the size of a pick-up truck load. Additional fees may apply to larger piles. To request bulky waste collection, please call (254)299-2612.
Waco Solid Waste Services collects waste generated by residents, defined as those who occupy a home and pay for solid waste services via a water bill. Waste that is generated by commercial sources (i.e., contractors and businesses) from tenant evictions, or are on vacant lots, will be subject to additional fees. For more information or to arrange for collection, please call (254)299-2612.
Appliances with refrigerant (Freon), such as refrigerators and air conditioners, left at the curb must have the refrigerant removed by a certified technician and be tagged as such before being placed curbside for pickup. Appliances without certified removal tags will not be picked up.
Bulky waste disposal at the Cobbs Citizens' Convenience Center (also called the Recycling Center)
Residents can also take bulky waste and appliances to the Cobbs Citizens' Convenience Center for disposal. Residents are allowed a maximum of two visits per month with proof of residency.
Residents must provide proof of City residency by presenting their current City of Waco water utility bill (showing residential garbage service) and driver’s license with a matching address. No photo copies or delinquent bills will be accepted. Refrigerators and other appliances with refrigerant must have a label or tag indicating that the refrigerant has been removed by a certified technician. If the tag is not present, there is a fee for removal of the refrigerant.
Waco residents may self-haul to the landfill twice per month and dispose of up to 2,000 pounds free of charge. For more information please call (254) 299-2620.
• Residents must provide proof of Waco residency by presenting their current City of Waco water utility bill (showing residential garbage service) and driver’s license with a matching address. No photo copies or delinquent bills will be accepted.
• Amounts in excess of 2,000 pounds and/or after the second trip in a month, may be disposed of based on the standard disposal fee. Payment must be made at the time of disposal.
• All loads that are not secured and/or covered will incur a $15 fee.
Dead Animal Collection and Disposal
Waco Solid Waste Services collects and removes dead animals on City streets, rights-of-way, or on private property after it has been placed on or near the curb in a securely tied plastic bag. We request that dead animals be double-bagged for sanitation. There may be some exceptions for large animals. To request collection service call: (254) 299-2612. All requests for collection will be addressed 7 AM until 5 PM Monday-Friday. There may be a charge for collection. If an animal carcass is blocking traffic or poses a traffic hazard after working hours or on the weekend (during hours other than 7 AM until 5 PM on Monday through Friday), please contact the Waco Police Department at (254) 750-7500.
Automated Trash Collection
Residents with residential trash service must use a wheeled 90, 65 or 30-gallon cart provided by the city for household trash. If you need a different sized cart call (254)299-2612. A second cart is available for an additional $4 per month.
- All of your trash must be inside the cart, with lid closed, and placed at the edge of the street before 7:00 a.m. on your collection day.
- Place the cart with arrows on the lid towards the street, with wheels of the container at the edge of street or at curbside.
- Return the cart to its storage area (garage, utility room, or the back yard) before the next morning.
- Bulky waste collection is available at no extra charge on a call-in basis.
- Automated wheeled carts are the property of the City of Waco. Leave all cats at the residence if you move to a different location.
Trash Cart Information
- Bagged household waste and kitchen waste
- Small quantities of bagged yard waste
- Do NOT use your trash cart for yard waste. Yard trimmings such as leaves and grass will be collected separately on your trash day. Do NOT mix household trash with your yard waste and brush.
- Do not put materials banned from landfill disposal (used motor oil, paint, etc.) into your trash. Save those items for the annual household hazardous waste day.
- Tires should never be placed inside or beside your cart or a dumpster. The Landfill or Cobbs Recycling Center will take limited tires for a fee; for more information, call (254)299-2612.
- Ashes should not be placed in the cart.