Provided every other week:
Provided at your request:
A. Yes, all trash must be bagged and the bag must be tied before it is put in the grey cart. Bagging helps keep your cart clean and reduces wind-blown litter.
A. For timely and safe service, please follow these guidelines:
• To avoid damage to property, place the cart at least three feet from mailboxes, utility meters, and other fixed objects, such as cars.
• Place wheeled carts curbside no earlier than 4 PM on the day before your collection day. Wheeled carts must be at the curb by 7 AM on your collection day.
• Please return carts to storage no later than 8 AM of the day following collection.
• Place your carts at the curb or edge of the street with the wheels and handle facing your house.
• Place recycling or yard waste carts at least three feet away from garbage carts.
• Close cart lids prior to pick-up—lids should be closed on carts in order to stop material from spilling or blowing away prior to collection
• If your cart is damaged or missing, please call Solid Waste Services at (254) 299-2612 to request a new cart.
• If your trash day falls on a holiday, your carts will be collected on Wednesday of that week.
• All carts are property of the City of Waco. Please leave all carts at the property should you move.
A. Place wheeled carts curbside no earlier than 4 PM on the day before your collection day. Wheeled carts must be at the curb by 7 AM on your collection day. After your cart is emptied, remove it from the curb before the next morning. Please do not leave carts out on the street.
A. First, you can check the calendar here. You can also request a one-page calendar by calling Customer Service at (254) 299-2612. A calendar will be mailed to you or sent to your e-mail address.
The calendar will have blue and green shading for recycling and yard waste weeks and display solid waste services holidays and alternate collection days.
To report a missed City of Waco-provided recycling or trash collection:
• Call Waco Solid Waste Services Customer Service at (254) 299-2612 between 8 AM and 5 PM, Monday through Friday. If you call after hours and leave a message, be sure and include your name, address, and a call-back phone number.
• Para informacion en Espanol: (254) 299-2612
• In the meantime, leave your items at the curb.
• Don’t forget, if your trash day falls on a holiday, your carts will be collected on Wednesday of that week.
• Wheeled carts should be at curbside no earlier than 4 PM on the day before your collection day. Wheeled carts must be at the curb by 7 AM on your collection day; later set-out may cause your cart to be missed.
Trash, brush, and recycling trucks making collections may work until 8:00 p.m. or until routes are finished.
City provided collections for grey, blue and green carts, brush, and bulky waste are made by different trucks. These trucks typically have different schedules. For example, even though your blue cart was emptied at 7:15 a.m., the trash truck may not arrive until 2:00 p.m., possibly giving the appearance throughout the morning that the trash was missed.
A. To request delivery or exchange of a grey, blue or green cart please complete this form. You can also exchange a cart by visiting the Solid Waste Services Administrative offices at 501 Schroeder or the Cobbs Recycling Center during the hours of operation, Tuesday – Saturday, 8 AM until 5 PM. Please bring a driver's license and a vehicle large enough to accommodate the container, which is 46" high, 27.5" deep, and 34" wide. (A pickup truck is usually fine.)
If you are unable to transport the cart to and from your residence, please complete this form or call Customer Service at (254)299-2612.
A. 35 gallon: 39" tall/20" wide/23" deep
65 gallon: 40" tall/27" wide/28: deep
95 gallon: 45" tall/28" wide/34" deep
A. Please call Solid Waste Services at (254)299-2612 to request special collection service.
A. Residents are urged to visit the Cobbs Recycling Center located off 44th Street, between Cobbs Drive and Trice Avenue(open Tues. – Sat. 8:00 am to 5:00 pm). The Cobbs Recycling Center accepts all curbside recyclable items plus glass bottles and jars, and scrap metal. Anyone, regardless of residency, can bring recyclables to the Cobbs Recycling Center. You can also request a second curbside recycling cart for a fee of $4 per month. To request a second curbside recycling cart, please complete this form or call (254) 299-2612.
A. Trash carts are for household trash and garbage in plastic bags, tied securely.
A. Please do NOT put any of the following items: yard waste (place in your green cart on your collection day), liquid paint, household chemicals, steel, iron, carpet, concrete, plaster, dirt, sand, hot ashes or coals.
A. Additional carts cost an extra $4 per month. Upon request by you, Solid Waste Services will deliver the second cart to your household. To request a second trash cart, please complete this form or call Solid Waste Services at (254) 299-2612.
A. If your cart breaks though normal use, the Solid Waste Services will repair or replace it at no cost to you. To request a replacement cart, please complete this form or call Solid Waste Services at (254) 299-2612.
A. Residential Solid Waste Service Fees include the pickup of one 5'x 4'x 4' (maximum) bulky waste pile. Additional fees may apply to larger piles. For more information, please call (254)299-2612.
The Solid Waste Department collects materials generated by residents. Materials that are generated by commercial sources (i.e., contractors and businesses), from tenant evictions, or are on vacant lots, will be subject to additional fees. For more information or to arrange for this type of collection, please call (254) 299-2612.
Please note: Appliances with refrigerant, such as refrigerators and air conditioners, must have the refrigerant removed by a certified technician and be tagged as such before being placed curbside for pickup. Appliances without certified removal tags will not be picked up.
Bulky Disposal at the Cobbs Citizens' Convenience Center (also called the Recycling Center)
Waco residents can also take bulky materials to the Cobbs Recycling Center (Citizens' Convenience Center) for disposal up to two visits per month with proof of Waco residency. Proof of Waco residency is required. A Waco water utility bill with residential garbage service and a driver's license with a matching address is required. No photo copies or delinquent bills will be accepted. Addresses must match.
Cobbs Recyling Center cannot accept construction materials (such as drywall, concrete, bricks or asphalt shingles), household chemicals, compressed cylinders, or household garbage.
Residents my also use the City of Waco Landfill for disposal; additional fees may apply. For more information please call (254) 299-2620.
Waco Solid Waste Services collects and removes dead animals on City streets, rights-of-way, or on private property after it has been placed on or near the curb in a securely tied plastic bag. We request that dead animals be double-bagged for sanitation. There may be some exceptions for large animals. To request collection service call: (254) 299-2612. All requests for collection will be addressed 7 AM until 5 PM Monday-Friday. There may be a charge for collection. If an animal carcass is blocking traffic or poses a traffic hazard after working hours or on the weekend (during hours other than 7 AM until 5 PM on Monday through Friday), please contact the Waco Police Department at (254) 750-7500.
Please see the blue cart guide here. Please put only loose, unbagged recyclables in your blue cart.
Plastic grocery bags
*Clear, brown, and green glass bottles and jars can be taken to our Cobbs Recycling Center located on 44th Street between Cobbs Drive and Trice Avenue.
A. Please see the green cart guide here. When using your green yard waste cart, please remember to place only loose unbagged yard waste in it. Do not put trash or recyclables in with your yard waste.
A. When using your green yard waste cart, do not put trash or recyclables in with your yard waste.
A. Please see our holiday schedule. In general, if any of the solid waste collection holidays is on your trash collection day, your trash will be picked up on Wednesday of that week.
Proof of Waco residency is a Waco Water Bill . The bill must be within 30 days of its due date, have a Waco residential service address and include Waco residential trash service.
• For residents with e-billing: A printed Waco water bill within 30 days of its due date showing the Waco residential service address and Waco residential trash service charge of $14.20/month.
• A phone displaying the Waco water bill within 30 days of its due date showing the Waco residential service address and Waco residential trash service charge of $14.20/month.
Click HERE to ask a question or make a comment online. (Note: Please do not use this site for solid waste service requests -- call (254) 299-2612 to request solid waste service.) We will reply to your post as soon as possible. This site is monitored Monday through Friday, 8 AM until 5 PM.
(Please be sure and check Common Questions before posting a question!)