Residential Curbside Recycling
A blue curbside recycling cart and a green yard waste cart are free of charge to residents in Waco with curbside trash service. If you are a Waco resident that has trash service with a grey wheeled cart from Waco Solid Waste Services, you can “do the blue and green” and start curbside recycling and yard waste recycling! To get a blue or green cart for recycling and yard waste, visit the Cobbs Recycling Center, 2021 44th Street, or the Solid Waste Services Administrative office, 501 Schroeder Drive in Waco. Call (254) 299-2612 with questions.
When picking up a cart, please bring a driver’s license and a vehicle large enough to accommodate the container, which is 46” high, 27.5 “ deep, and 31” wide. (A pickup truck is usually fine.)
If you already have a smaller recycling container, you can exchange it for a larger one.
Carts can be picked up from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mondays through Fridays at the Solid Waste Services Administrative Office, 501 Schroeder Drive, or from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesdays through Saturdays at the Cobbs Recycling Center, 2021 N. 44th St. The Cobbs Recycling Center is closed on Sunday and Monday.
For more information, call the Solid Waste Services offices at (254) 299-2612. Para informacion en Espanol: (254) 299-2612.
Recycling containers are serviced the same day as your trash pick-up (but by a different truck).
The blue (recycling) and green (yard waste) carts are collected every other week, on alternating weeks.
A calendar with the blue (recycling) and green (yard waste) weeks as well as collection schedule changes due to holidays can be found here.
A Quick Guide for the City of Waco blue cart:
You can mix paper, plastic, metal and cardboasrd containers in your blue recycling cart. Do NOT bag recyclables.
- Advertising circulars and junk mail
- Food boxes (please remove liners from cereal boxes)
- Cardboard boxes (please break them down so that they fit in the cart )
- Newspaper (all sections)
- Magazines and catalogs
- Phone books
- Office paper and school work; envelopes
- Shoe boxes, gift boxes
Please NO: Binder clips or pizza boxes.
Metals (please rinse)
- Aluminum cans
- Aluminum baking tins
Steel (tin) food cans and lids
Please NO: aluminum foil
Plastics (please rinse; all colors accepted)
- Plastic grocery bags
- #1 through #7 plastic containers
- #1 through #7 plastic food trays, tubs and bowls
Please NO Styrofoam, glass, or trash.
Please DO NOT BAG your recyclables.
When in doubt, leave it out! Brown, green and clear glass may be taken to the Cobbs Recycling Center, 2021 44th Street, between Cobbs Drive and Trice Avenue (map).
For timely service, please observe the following:
- Place all material inside of the cart so that the lid may fully close. Do not bag recyclables.
- Place the cart with arrows on the lid facing the street, and wheels at the edge of the street or curb.
- Place carts on the street prior to 7:00 a.m. on your collection day.
- Please keep at least a three-foot distance between all carts or items to be collected and any obstacles, such as parked vehicles, mailboxes, utility meters, or overhanging tree limbs or power lines.
- Return carts to your storage area before the following morning.