Residential Curbside Recycling
Single-family homes can pick up a blue recycling cart by visiting the Solid Waste Services Administrative offices at 501 Schroeder in Waco.
Please bring a driver’s license and a vehicle large enough to accommodate the container, which is 46” high, 27.5 “ deep, and 31” wide. (A pickup truck is usually fine.)
If you already have a smaller recycling container, you can exchange it for a larger one.
Waco residents can exchange their small blue recycling or green yard waste cart for a 95-gallon blue or green cart at no charge.
Exchanges can be made from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mondays through Fridays at the Solid Waste Services Main Office, 501 Schroeder Drive, or from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesdays through Saturdays at the Cobbs Recycling Center, 2021 N. 44th St. The Cobbs Recycling Center is closed on Sunday and Monday.
For more information, call the Solid Waste Services offices at (254) 299-2612.
Recycling containers are serviced the same day as your trash pick-up (but by a different truck).
The blue (recycling) and green (yard waste) carts are collected every other week, on alternating weeks.
A calendar with the blue (recycling) and green (yard waste) weeks as well as collection schedule changes due to holidays can be found here.
Here is a list of the materials that may be placed in your blue cart:
Paper (staples and envelopes with windows are ok)
- Advertising circulars and junk mail
- Paperboard packaging (please remove liners from cereal boxes)
- Cardboard boxes (please break them down so that they fit in the cart )
- Newspaper (all sections)
- Magazines and catalogs
- Phone books
- Office paper and school work
- Carbonless paper
Please NO: Binder clips or pizza boxes.
Metals (must be clean)
- Aluminum cans
- Aluminum baking tins
- Steel (tin) food cans and lids Please NO: aluminum foil
Plastics (must be clean, all colors accepted)
- Plastic grocery bags
- #1 through #7 plastic containers
- #1 through #7 plastic food trays, tubs and bowls
Please NO Styrofoam, glass, or trash.
Please DO NOT BAG your recyclables.
Also, please do not put glass in your recycling cart. Clear, brown, green and clear glass may be taken to our drop-off recycling center located on 44th Street between Cobbs Drive and Trice Avenue (map).
For timely service, please observe the following:
- Place all material inside of the cart so that the lid may fully close. Do not bag recyclables before putting them into your blue recycling cart.
- Place the cart with arrows on the lid facing the street, and wheels at the edge of the street or curb.
- Place carts on the street prior to 7:00 a.m. on your collection day.
- Please keep at least a three-foot distance between all carts or items to be collected and any obstacles, such as parked vehicles, mailboxes, utility meters, or overhanging tree limbs or power lines.
- Return carts to your storage area before the following morning.