Cobbs Citizen Convenience Center
(also known as Cobbs Recycling Center)
2021 N. 44th Street (between Cobbs Drive and Trice Avenue)
Open Tuesday- Saturday 8:00 AM until 5:00 PM; closed Sunday and Monday and city holidays.
Cobbs is a convenient drop-off location operated by Solid Waste Services for many recycling services.
Some services are limited to only City of Waco residents with proof of residency. Call (254) 751-8536 or (254) 299-2612 for more information.
Bulky Waste Guidelines:
Cobbs Citizens Convenience Center accepts bulky waste from City of Waco residents. Please bring proof of City of Waco residency. Also, please note: Bulky Waste is not recycled! It goes directly to the Landfill. Please consider donating usable items to a local charitable organization.
The following guidelines apply to bulky waste drop-offs:
- Two drop-offs are permitted per month.
- State law requires that loose loads must be tarped.
- Because of liability concerns, we cannot help unload. Please bring helpers with you if you think you will need them.
- We cannot accept construction materials (such as drywall, concrete, bricks or asphalt shingles), household chemicals, compressed cylinders, or household garbage.
Don't see what you'd like to recycle or dispose of listed here?
Click HERE to ask a question or make a comment online. You can also call (254) 299-2612 Monday through Friday, 8 AM until 5 PM to ask a question. (Note: Please do not use this site for solid waste service requests -- call (254) 299-2612 to request solid waste service.) We will reply to your post as soon as possible.
We accept the following items regardless of residency. Please rinse items which have contained food or drink.
- Plastics #1 - #7, all colors. We cannot accept Styrofoam.
- Glass, clear, brown, blue and green.
- Metal, including steel or "tin" cans, aluminum cans, and aluminum pie plates.
- Paper, such as magazines, phone books, cardboard, junk mail, printer paper, envelopes with windows and stapled paper.
- Cooking oil (liquid only, please no solid grease)
- Household batteries and CDs/DVDs
- Brush; clean brush only; please no trash
PLEASE NO: Binder clips or pizza boxes, aluminum foil, or Styrofoam or plastic bags
The following items require proof of City of Waco residency. Residents will be required to sign an authorization form if fees apply.
- Used motor oil, antifreeze and oil filters up to 5 gallons per month.
- Latex paint (up to 5 gallons per month). Must be useable with a readable label. Please no rusted cans. Dried paint can be put in the trash.
- Bulky items such as furniture can be brought by City of Waco residents a maximum of two times a month at no extra charge.
- Refrigerators must have a label or tag indicating that the refrigerant has been removed by a certified technician. We can remove the refrigerant for a $15.00 fee.
- Tires: A maximum of four tires, off the rim, can be recycled per visit. Size Limit: 20”, no commercial or industrial; Fee: $2.50/tire for 15” or smaller; $5/tire for 20” or smaller.
- E-Waste: Computers, televisions, and other electronic waste can be brought by City of Waco residents at no charge.
What you may drop off:
- Computers (Desktops & Laptops)
- Printers (ink or toner)
- Computer Accessories/ Computer Monitors
- Televisions/ Microwave Ovens (Non PCB)
- Copiers/ Fax Machines/ Typewriters
- Cell Phones & Chargers
- GPS Units
- Pagers/ PDA's/ Tablets/ Answering Machines
- Radios/ Boom boxes/ CD Players/ MP3 Players
- Storage Devices
- Audio Equipment/ Video Equipment/ Communications Equipment
- Circuit Boards
- Cables, Wires, Power Cords, Power Strips
- Small home appliances
- Anything else with a circuit board or a cord!
These items will NOT be accepted:
- Industrial or Commercial Business Waste
- Propane Cylinders of Any Kind or Compressed Gasses
- Radioactive Materials
- Business Waste
- Household hazardous waste (chemicals)
- Leaking equipment
- Speakers in wooden cabinets
- “Scrapped out” televisions or electronics